Six

Widow sauntered through the large observatory door, with a strange limpness in her limbs. Her thoughts had been so bipolar lately, and she never knew if it had been a good thing, or if she should be worried. She had a particular level of anxiety, knowing she should be keeping her treatment up to date, but the truth was, she felt much better without it. She felt like she had some thoughts of her own, instead of feeling like all her thoughts belonged to Talon. She felt like she was maybe, maybe able to be just... her. Whoever her was. Were these Amelie's thoughts? Or was it safe to say Amelie was too far out of reach to return to? However then, she faced the troublesome enigma, that if Widowmaker was no longer present, was she a whole new identity? Could she just pick a new one?

These thoughts spiraled around her cerebrum, and distracted most of her coherent, and even physical abilities. She wasn't aware of this, until her behind sat flat on the floor, suffering from sudden pain. She frowned, at the wrench she slipped on, which slid feet across the floor.

"Aye! Easy, Love, I need these tools!" Lena barked at the conflicted Talon recruit.

"Lena.." Widow spoke lightly.

"What are you doing?" She pondered to the Overwatch agent, who had tools and gadgets strewn around the floor around her, and a large mechanism settled in front of her.

"Trying to fix my accelerator... although.. I'm not exactly the expert for this.." Lena answered her, not taking her eyes off the machine.

"You- you can take it off?" Window blinked a couple of times.

Lena frowned.

"Well of course, Love! Do you think I wear it in the shower!?" She giggled, her eyebrows twisted in amusement.

Widow looked at the floor, suddenly feeling strange, and immediately concluded it had something to do with the fact that Lena had just put the thought of what she wears, or doesn't wear in the shower.

"What's wrong with it?" Widow leaned forward curiously, deciding to shake the image from her head.

She had remembered seeing Lena struggling with it a fair while ago, but never brought it up.

"I don't know." Lena shrugged.

"I think it suffocated a decent blow when we were going to leave.." She pursed her lips out and huffed, causing her sharp breath to drift up into her hair.

"But this is out of my area of expertise," Lena started.

"And if I make a mistake, it could be disastrous." She finished, leaning back into the accelerator.

Widow squinted at the thing. She was still in the dark.

"What does it.. Do?" She asked carefully, not wanting to distract Lena too much.

Lena's eyes fluttered up at Widow, realizing of course she didn't know how it worked. She did hesitate, knowing this is the woman who's tried to kill her multiple times, but Lena was very confident Widow deserved trust, after all, Widow trusted her enough with her past.

"I suffer from Chronal Disassociation.' she confessed.

"It happened when I was piloting the slipstream.."

[05.17.2069]

Lena could see the clouds fly by her as she cut through the air in the new experimental slipstream, a vessel designed by Overwatch. Tracer had been handpicked to test flight the aircraft, and she couldn't be more amazed by its capabilities. The ride was the smoothest she had ever experienced, and it felt like butter flying through the wind. The clouds looked feathered as they carrassed the windshield.