Part 20

"Jisoo, have you settled with your dorm life? Also, tell me about the trainees. Have you made friends? Are there any hot male trainees?" Jennie asked wiggling her eyebrows at the end.

Since the time I had stepped foot in the house, Jennie was bombarding me with questions. Mom had left to make dinner. I insisted to help, but she did not let me. According to her, I deserved to rest for a day and let her take care of me. It left Jennie and me.

"My dorm mates are all so good, so yes, I have pretty much settled there. Eva is my roommate, so it is really fun with her. She keeps me entertained all the time. I have made friends. We have our own group of friends with whom I am very comfortable. And to answer your last question, they all are pretty and
handsome." I patiently replied to her questions. She was always curious about things.

"The least you can do for me is to introduce me to them, specially the hot ones." She ignored all the other things I said.

"No, I will not do so. You haven't visited me even once ever since the training period has started." I acted mad but I wasn't. She always teased me, so I also thought to tease her. I knew she was busy with her internship in a famous couture company. She loved fashion and also recently graduated in that field.

"Excuse me! I am always the one to check up on you. You always call mom but never once did you call me. I should be the one complaining." I did not think it would backfire. She looked at me smugly. We bickered back and forth when mom informed it was time for dinner.

We had dinner where mom cooked all my favorite dishes. It was the first time in a long time that I really enjoyed eating. We had different varieties in the cafeteria but nothing could replace my mom's cooking. She simply was the best.

Eva and I cooked dinner with Eunjung, but we always made food that took less time since we would be tired after training. I had a very pleasant time with my family. They both asked why I did not bring Eva, and I told them she was tired after our schedule.

It was getting late, so I informed them that I had to leave. My mother was still sad to send me off, but I assured her that I would visit soon. We were hugging when Jennie came with a small shopping bag in her hand.

"I am very jealous of the way you are hugging her. I am your baby, so I deserve that attention instead." She came to us with a frown. She was my best friend from childhood, and I knew her more than anyone else. She was a bit spoiled by us being the baby in our family, but she also was very innocent. She sucked at expressing herself and always relied on such remarks that made her seem self-centered and mean, but she was far from that.

I pinched her cheeks as they were tempting me to. She had the cutest pinch-able cheeks.

"I will let it go since you are going but just this time." She glared at me, but the corners of her mouth were twitching.

"Here. Take this." She gave me the bag she was holding.

"What's in this?" I asked opening the bag simultaneously. She shrugged.

There was a box in the bag. I opened the box, and it held a very pretty snow globe. I looked at her surprised.

"I have been meaning to get you one since I broke your favorite one few months ago. It is not the same as yours, but it was the prettiest I could find." She explained. To say that my heart burst with joy would be right. I did not know why, but it made me tear up a bit.

Jennie's Gift: