Part 4

Finally, the day came when I was going to start my training, to go away from my mother and sister and to live on my own for one year with people who were strangers, but had the same dream as myself.

I had packed my belongings the previous day and was ready to go.

My outfit consisted of red top, black skirt, and black pumps with two inches heels. My hair was tied in a messy bun. I was grabbing my bag when Jennie entered my room.

"Unnie, are you ready to rock? I've come up to see if you have dressed properly. And I'm glad to know that you're improving in that area." There comes Jennie: always obssesssed with fashion. She returned from her trip the previous day, earlier, to meet me before I start my training.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I want to be a singer not a model?" I playfully hit her arm.

"Oh c'mon, we know that to be an idol, you will have to be somewhat fashionable. You know you'll attend events, award shows, interviews. Even at airport, you'll be clicked and your pictures will be the front covers of magazines." Woah! What's with her?

"What's with that look unnie? All I'm saying is you have to look prime and proper because when you hit the jackpot, I'll be known as a celebrity's sister. And I don't want you to ruin my reputation by your plain dressing." She was saying innocently. When I hit her with a pillow, she started laughing her ass off.

She always teased me. According to her, I was fun to tease coz the reaction I gave was very enjoyable.

"Enough with the teasing, Jennie. Do not make fun of your sister." My mother entered the room glaring at Jennie but I could also notice a little smile.

She enjoyed when we were being playful with each other. She just liked for us to laugh and have fun.

"See mom, I'm leaving today but she is not even sad." I complained.

"Mom, tell your daughter that I'm being practical instead of being an emotional mess. She will be sad after leaving for training if we cry now. So I'm doing her a favour." She said making us laugh.

She was being logical for an illogical matter. Nevertheless, she was always defensive. But I knew better that she hardly cried and I loved that thing about her.

"Okay my emotionless nini, I'll leave now. Please take care of mother and yourself." I pinched her cheeks and she hugged me.

"Take care and be strong okay. I will not be there to help you, so you have to be independent and strong." She was advising me like she was the older sister, and I was weak and dependent little sister.

"Drama queen" I said to her, the usual term I used to for her.

"Thanks for calling me a queen." Came her usual answer.

I laughed at her. She was annoying at times but still my little sister. I loved to remind her she was little and that annoyed her.

Afterwards, I hugged my mom, and she told me to take care of myself; not to work too hard, never skip any meal and call her whenever I get time. You know the usual 'Mom' instructions, like I was being sent to another planet. I told her not to worry too much and I would manage everything.

After calming my sweet mom when she started crying, and saying goodbye, I hailed a cab and gave the driver direction to the dorm. We arrived within twenty minites.

I spotted a tall person in his 30s in black uniform who we were introduced to at the day of orientation. I greeted him, and introduced myself to him. He grabbed my two suitcases and told me to follow him.

I followed him inside the building. It was a nice buiding--big but not huge. He led me to the 5th floor of the building through elevator.

We walked down the hallway, and he stopped at the far end of the hallway and opened the door.

I got inside and noticed that it was a nice dorm. From where I was standing, I could notice there were four doors which I assumed would lead to bedrooms and bathroom. The living room was an average size with two couches and a tv. It was also decorated beautifully.

The man left my suitcases in one of the rooms and bowed towards me. I thanked the person and he left.

Now, I was free to explore. I opened the first door which was a bedroom with two beds, each at the corner and also two similar looking closet side by side. The walls were painted cream. And all the things in the room were of light and fresh colors. There was also a study table and a vanity.

'Nice' I thought.

The next room was also a bedroom similar to the previous one except it was of grey and white colors. I liked this one better.

After finding a kitchen and a bathroom, connected to two bedrooms, I went to the window of living room. The view was very nice. I was thinking who would be my roommates when I heard a familiar voice.

"Look who we've got here." I turned around and saw a smiling Eva.

"Oh my God, Eva are you my roommate?" I hugged her hoping she was.

"Yes silly, why else would I be here?" We both laughed.

"Is it coincidence? I mean I could have ended up with any of the trainees." I was happy to have her as my roommate.

"Actually I interrogated that old handsome man from our way up and he told me that only one trainee has arrived yet, and told me your name. And I told him I would live with you."

Did she call that man, old? I stopped myself from laughing.

"Oh I did not know that we were allowed to choose our roommates ourselves." I said sitting on the couch, she sat beside me.

"You won't know if you won't ask, duh." She stated as a matter of fact. I thought I was talking to Jennie. I thought smiling.

"Okay have you looked at the dorm yet? I bet you have, but let's go and choose our room." She dragged me and after looking at the rooms, we decided on the room with grey and white theme.
.
.
.

Jennie, Jisoo's sister: