Part 23

Junmyeon's POV:

I hated the typical cliché type of movies where the main characters have that scene where they are about to be intimate for the first time, but something or someone gets in their way. That is what happened with us.

I was about to do something I would have regretted later when we heard a knock. I cursed under my breath at whoever had come in my way but was also thankful that I was stopped. The look of disappointment along with fear was evident on Jisoo’s face when we were disturbed. I moved away from her and went behind my desk. I heard the knock again and permitted the person to enter while composing myself. Jisoo was breathing fast and controlling herself as well avoiding eye contact.

The finance department head entered holding some files that probably needed my signature on them. I told him to put the files on my desk and leave since I did not have the focused mind to go through the documents. He left, and my eyes quickly went to Jisoo who was awkwardly standing at the same spot and had not moved an inch.

“Miss Ji—” I wanted to talk to her about what happened, but she did not give me the chance to.

“It’s getting late. Good bye.” She said and left hurriedly. I sighed.

The day had been hectic. I was grateful that something did not happen between us, not because I did not want it to happen, but because I knew that there was no turning back. I was intrigued by her from day one, and it was the first time something like that happened to me. I always tried to avoid girls at all cost despite many advances since I wanted to focus on more serious matters which was initially my group and now my company.

Being an idol was hard as fans and media always knew what you were up to. I did not have many chances to date as I was always busy, but I dated three girls secretly in my time as idol. They lasted for few months, but none of them were that serious.

Jisoo was very different from others. She was the most feminine girl I had ever known. She was innocent, hardworking, beautiful, sweet, intelligent, had manners. It had been a little time since I had known her, and but it did not seem like that. I always had this feeling as if I had known her for a long time.

The moment between us was unintentional. I almost lost control because of the different emotions I went through. I kept track of my employees all the time. What they did or where they went in their working hours, nothing was hidden from me. I did not care what they did in their personal life, but I did care if they lazed around in their jobs. When I asked my secretary to send Kyuhyun to my office and she said he had gone out, I could not let it go this time.

He had been problematic on more than one occasions, but I let it go because he was a great teacher. I had worked with him when I was with EXO and knew he was talented and could be an asset for the company. I offered him to be a vocal teacher for my company with a handsome pay, and he gladly accepted. I was happy with his performance until some months ago when he started becoming unprofessional with the girl singers and trainees of the company.

I received some complaints that he flirts with them or asks them out. I did not like my employees to be so cheap and unprofessional for it could damage the reputation of the company. More than my company’s reputation, I cared about those girls and women who trusted my company and came to achieve their dreams. Creating a comfortable environment where every one could learn without any fear or discomfort was my goal. I had come across several cases where trainees and rookie singers, specially females, had very hard time. From directors to CEOs to other male employees, all of them took advantage of their vulnerability and used their dreams as their personal token to make it work for their sick intentions. I had learned from experience and wanted to make my company free of all those dickheads.