Chap. 18

*Shadow's POV.*

As much as I was repulsed by being held by Gabrielle I clung to his side as the echoing continued in my ears for a moment but then, silence. All I heard as I hid my face against the man's side was his breathing and a chuckle radiated from his chest.
I felt him stroke my hair as I slowly opened my eyes and l9oked up at him.
"You're alright my dear. You can let go now." He said, smiling down at me, an amused twinkle in his eyes.
I blinked, a bit stunned but I quickly let go and take a step back before I realize we are in a bright beautiful sunlit bedroom. The entire place was white and gold and glittery and the large windows lining the room had fluffy curtains billowing on a light breeze that carried the scent of honey and incence on it.
There was a large bed in the center of the room, a desk and a fireplace that wasn't lit. It was far too warm for a fire.
I hear Gabrielle chuckle again as he watched me look around. "Welcome to heaven little one." He said when I looked back at him.
"Its....very bright here. Not at all like the casino..." I muse.
He nods, "I would certainly hope it's brighter than hell. My brother keeps things far too dark for my liking." He said, holding out a hand for my beg, which I hand to him cautiously and he gently lays it on his bed and smiles at me. "Now, let's see about getting you some better clothes than those shall we?" He said, moving to walk past me and taking my hand as he did.
I resisted the urge to pull it away and instead fall into pace beside him.
"What's wrong with my clothes?"
"My dear. You smell of hell. That won't do here. Not to worry. You'll enjoy a nice bath and I think I know just what yo put you in." He said, looking me up and down and I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up.
"What about fixing my soul? I'd like to get that over with."
"In due time little one. In due time." He said, leading me down long twisting corridors of white marble and golden trimmings. There were many rooms and inside them I heard different things, heavily choirs, music, laughter, loud discussions, machinery, and many other things that sounded out of place.
We eventually came to a room with the sound of flowing water and he opened the door for me before gently putting his hand on the small of my back and pushing me inside.
It was a grassy meadow, bathed in sunlight, filled with bright green grass and beautiful rainbows of flowers, all at the bottom of a massive water fall that seemed to mix up large pink bubbles that floated up into the air and glittered in the sunlight.
My jaw dropped. It was lovely there. The moat beautiful place I had ever seen.
I was knocked from my awe stricken state when I felt Gabrielle's hands in my hair as he undid it from my rubber bands and I looked back at him over my shoulder and stepped away from his touch.
He only smiled and laid my hair ties on a large rock by the door, that now that it was closed stood alone in the grass.
"This is where you want me to take a bath?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
"Yes. It's one of our many heavenly baths so but from what I know about you you'll enjoy this one best. I want this to be a grand experience for you."
"Well... it is nice I guess... where can I get undressed?" I ask.
"Hmm? Oh right here." He said as he slipped his suite jacket off and laid it next to my hair bands and he began to work on the buttons of his shirt.
My eyes widened and I turned away from him.
I had never been one to be shy about my body, it had been engraved in my mind that my body barely belonged to me from a very young age working under madam. I'd been a hoe my entire adult life and now I was a stripper in the devils casino. I got naked for strangers all the time... so I didn't understand why all of the sudden the the thought of being naked in front of someone repulsed me.
Why did this arch angel repulse me? Why did he give off such bad vibes? It made no sense to me.
I slowly pulled my clothes off, feeling his eyes burning against my naked back and I hugged my arms around my chest and glanced over my shoulder at him, he waz stating so intently at me with those golden eyes that it made me almost flinch.
"So just... get in the river?" I ask, seeing him start to walk towards me and the water before us.
"Yes. Don't worry . It's nice and warm." He said slipping his arm over my shoulder and he lead me into the water, which was quite warm and it smelled so nice, like roses and lilac.
I moved away from Gabrielle once we were in the water but he followed and cupped water in his hands and poured it over me.
"You really are lovely for a human girl. I see why my brother is so taken with you but I must ask why you have such strong feelings for him. You know he can't love you back right?"
"What? Of course he loves me. He just has a hard time saying it... he's wonderful and giving and kind he just doesn't know how to express his feelings." I defend, my cheeks turning bright red under his gaze with anger at the way he spoke of Lucifer.
He chuckled. "My dear, my brother isn't capable of the kind of feelings you and I are."
"You're wrong..." I said through my teeth and he smiled, a wide sharp toothed smile down at me.
"Am I? Well... I suppose we shall see..."
He said before cupping more water over my head.