We are Venom

Naofumi had stayed back just listening to the kings clear favoritism to the other heros. He had kept himself calm.

"We can kill them." Venom suggested.

"We don't need to kill them. Please just calm down." Naofumi said.

"Wait did he say kill them? As in us?" One servant asked.

"Since you haven't asked." Naofumi said walking forward. "My name is Naofumi Iwatani, I am 21 and we-

 "My name is Naofumi Iwatani, I am 21 and we-

"-Are Venom."

The knights collectively got into a ready position and Venom turned his head 360 degrees. "I'd back off if I were you. So many snacks so little time to waste."

"If you are hungry we have the finest chefs in the land." Aultcray said. Stone faced and regal.

"See that? Thats the proper response." Venom said "Thank you for your hospitality your majesty."

"What the fuck just happened?!" Itsuki shouted.

"Diplomacy." Venom said receding back into Naofumi.

Dining hall

The server had come to ask Naofumi want he wanted and Venom had popped out. "Tatter tots and chocolate."

"We don't know what these...tatter tots are. We have many chocolate dessert recipes."

"Let me translate for him. Tatter tots are a fried potato dish but could you please just bake like 10 potatoes, 20 of your most chocolate dense dishes and do you have an mushroom based dish?"

"Our head cheif knows how to make a good Quiche." The server said writing it down.

"I'll take 12 please." Venom said.

The other heros and the king watched as the mountains of food get devoured without a speck of it going to waste.

"The 4 of you can rest in the tower for tonight." The king said.

Tower

"Alright walking snacks."  Venom said "what can you tell us about this place?"

"Uh I'm gonna ask it since no one here has...what the fuck is that thing?" Motoyasu said.

"This is Venom. He's an alien life form that attached itself to my body." Naofumi said.

"Yes and I'd like to know about this place. You 3 seem to have the whole system worked out if your willing to confront the king about this." Venom said "Enlighten our noob self."

"Will this is like Emerald Online."

"No this is exactly Brave Star Online."

"Dimension Wave but it is different." Itsuki said.

"Wait..." Naofumi said "On the count of 3 say whos face is on the 1000yen bill?"

[All different answers]

"What?!" All 5 shouted.

"So we know this is an alternative universe." Venom said "Ok that means in each game of ours has different things. Let's compare notes."

They all looked at Naofumi and Venom. "What?"

"Shields are super weak dude." Motoyasu said "Thats why no one plays them."

"So the shield class is ultra difficulty?" Venom asked.

They nodded.

"Makes sense for us then." Venom said.

"Whys that?" Motoyasu asked.

"Cause Venom lives off my adrenaline. I have to play every video I own on the hardest difficulty so he doesn't go crazy." Naofumi said.

"Wait how many games have you played?" Itsuki asked.

Venom made a face and said "From the last time I checked...we've collected 467 platinum trophies, beat Dark Souls with a Rockband control one handed, played Outlast and Alien Isolation blindfold..."

"I beat bloodborne with a Nintendo power glove." Naofumi said.

The other 3 were getting paler and paler when they realized Naofumi was an achievement hunter.

"No way you have that many trophies." Ren said.

"We screen shot it every time we platinum. Check the phone. Our live streams should be downloaded." Venom said.

Naofumi pulled out his phone and pulled up the video. "Hey everyone this is Venom and today I'm tackling bloodborne while chained underwater. If I don't beat Moon Presence before the water gets to high I'll drown!"

The other three watched as Naofumi was in a glass tube slowly filling with water with a controller in his hand.

"Dude." Motoyasu said "No wonder you got the shield! Can you even enjoy a game if its on normal difficulty?"

"Haven't played one in years." Naofumi said.

"Well you can unlock new shields by adding parts to it." Motoyasu said.

Venom looked around and started grabbing random shit.

Rusty Nail shield unlocked

Equip Effect: Tetanus Bash
+1 attack

Doubles targets chance at being poisoned.

"What else?" Venom asked.

"You can copy weapons you pick up if its the same as your own." Itsuki said.

Venom stretched around and after not finding anything to prove that claim had turned to Ren. "Well?"

"What?" Ren asked.

"Information." Venom said.

"Uh..." Ren had started looking around.

"It's only fair dude." Motoyasu said.

"You can unlock an inventory by putting your money into the shield." Ren said.

"Much abliged." Venom said before turning sharply.

Naofumi was engulfed and the door was kicked down "I know your out here!"

A servant ws dragged in and tied up with Venom tendrils.

"What are you doing here?" Motoyasu asked grabbing his spear.

"I was-" the servant started.

The black sludge entered the servants ear. "Three heros church hu? I think I'll swing by and 'Sample the goods'."

The other heros were trying to stop him but Naofumi held up a hand. "Venom can get this on his own. Right? Murder would be...pussy mode. Right?"

Venom grinned and said "Right."

The servant gulped.

"Everyone go to sleep." Venom said "I'm going for a midnight snack."