A New Life

Raphtalia had woken up again with night terrors. But instead of a hard hand of her previous owner she had felt a warmth.

Their new owner, Naofumi, had been comforting her. "Shu." Two arms had her in an embrace as ha hand raked through her hair "Nightmare?"

Raphtalia kept smiling but the look on the man's face had told her what she needed to know. "What was it about?"

"My village." Raphtalia said her mouth twitching. The conscious decision to keep her mouth up when all she wanted to do was cry was fighting.

"Tell me about it." Naofumi said no angry Bark of an order or shock from her seal.

"The waves appeared over my village. My parents...then the guards..." Raphtalia was having trouble as she was fighting tears.

"Look I can see your fighting your emotions." Naofumi said "Pain bleeds through your eyes. If you can't cry about something you eventually can't feel anything. Look I don't find any enjoyment out of others pain but I've been through some shit. Not nearly as bad as you but I know something about dealing with emotional stress."

Raphtalia had looked at her sleeping friends and Naofumi understood. He hugged her and she felt something enter her ear and nose.

"Hush little one. You don't have to hold in your feelings anymore. Your pain your sorrow. I've dealt with it all and I'm willing to learn." Venom's voice was in her head "Unpack your heart little one."

Raphtalia had suddenly saw her entire last 72 hours of existence reveres [I think. The waves appeared, next day Naofumi was summoned, Naofumi got put in jail the third day she got sold the day after the first wave and she got returned due to nightmares. So 72 hours] Her throat had tried to scream but it made no noise.

Her parents were un-mauled and the frightened looks changed.

Suddenly as she was watching the Beasts accend into the tear in the world she was in a new place

A room with a bed she noticed was more comfortable then a kings. A blanket warm and soft. The smell of the man currently holding her.

A sharp noise had caused her to grab the offending device.

"Hello?"

"Naofumi!" The voice put a feeling of resentment in her heart for some reason.

"I thought I wasn't your son anymore?" Raphtalia said.

"Its Shunsuke! He's on top of Tokyo Tower." The Voice said "We found a note in his room."

The covers were thrown off and the window was smashed open as she was flying through the air.

Swinging past hundreds of giant building greater then any castle a biting cold as she realized she was in only underwear. Flying to a giant tower.