Chapter 1

I slowly opened my eyes to see the back of a seat in front of me. I looked around slowly. I was in a large plane, everyone was asleep and it was dark. Where was I? I looked down and spotted the green notebook in front of me. I opened to the first page and read the first line.

"Turn on the light."

I looked to my right to see a button with a lightbulb sticker on. I pressed the button and a light shone down on the notebook. I could read the whole page easier.

"This book will help you understand your situation," I read aloud quietly. "You might be scared but don't worry, I'm going to help you. You are on a plane headed to Okinawa, Japan. Why? Because you chose Japanese citizenship over American. Don't panic, you know the language. Now, lets establish the basics." I turned the page. "Your name is Dev Lunesu. You go by Dev, Lunesu, and Level. Your birthday is February 3rd, 1996, making you just a little over 18 years old. Reach into your left hand pocket. There should be an iPod 5G." I reached into my pocket and found a small wallet. I opened the wallet and saw the device on the right with a driver's license on the left. It had a photo of what might be me.

The photo had a young boy with dark brown hair that laid flat on his head. Brown eyes, light yellow skin, and ear lobes attached.

I looked at the notebook. "Press the circle button with a square inside and slide the screen to the right. The password it 2484." I followed the instructions and a page full of apps covered the screen. "This device will be needed to help you later. On the top of the device is another button. Press it and the screen will lock. Please press it." The screen went black. "My name is Buruku but I doubt we'll ever meet. I'll teach you how to talk to me later but for now, I'm going to communicate to you via this notebook. Now, for personality." I turned the page. "You are a game designer. You know how to code a first person shooter for multiple platforms. You like to read, play video games, and watch anime. If everyone is asleep, please rest. Place the notebook in the backpack under the seat in front of you and go to sleep. If you are landing soon, turn the page."

I looked around. Everyone was asleep. I sighed and picked up the notebook off of the table and folded it up. Under the seat was a small yellow backpack. I unzipped it and found a small white laptop. I ignored it and placed the notebook beside it. I closed the bag and laid back. I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------

The plane landed in Okinawa, Japan late in the night. I opened the notebook as people began to unbuckle their seat belts.

"Go to the baggage claim. You will be looking for a black medium sized bag with a red handkerchief tied around the handle. Don't forget the backpack."

I picked up the backpack and walked off the plane. I went to the baggage claim and waited for my bag. After a few minutes, I watched it slide down the ramp leading from the ceiling and hit the conveyor belt. I lifted it up and rolled it toward customs. I opened the notebook.

"They will tell you what to do for customs. When you get through, you'll need to find a taxi. You have ¥34,000 and $500. Tell the driver to drop you off at Dragon Palace."

I frowned. Dragon Palace? I walked to the customs counter and saw a man behind the desk.

"Please place your finger on the device," the man said in Japanese.

"Oh, okay," I replied in surprisingly fluent Japanese.

I placed my finger in a small device and a green light flashed.

"Thank you. You may go through now."

"Thank you."

I walked outside and waved a taxi. The vehicle was small but it seemed large enough inside to hold a small bedroom. The driver jumped out and placed my suitcase in the trunk. I sat down in the back and told the driver that I was going to Dragon Palace.