Chapter 4

The alarm clock blared and I slammed my hand on the snooze button. I groaned, rubbing my hand on my face as I tried to convince myself to get out of bed. The suppliers I needed for school were sitting beside the television in the other room but wouldn't be touched for about a month. I slipped off of the bed and started the morning routine. When I finished, I read the next page.

"You can refer to the iPod whenever you have any questions. I'll be monitoring you through the messages on the Virtual Talk application so be sure to try talking to me sometimes, okay? Also, never delete the messages off the iPod. I will need to see to it that my messages do make it in a timely manner. You're going to want to make some new friends while you are here in Japan. Based on popular belief, humans are social people. Being alone will not be healthy for you. I gave you some money but you're going to need to get a job. Start out with something simple like working at Family Mart or a restaurant near the apartment. You're going to be studying at college for about 3-4 years for a bachlors degree in game development. You might be wondering why you chose game development but you can ask me on Virtual Talk for that. You are also a writer so feel free to express yourself in storywriting. Don't try to send it to me via Virtual Talk because it will take too long for me to recieve it. Instead, open up the Wattpad application. It's easy to navigate so you shouldn't need my direction on how to use it. This is as far as you need to read for the day."

I unlocked the iPod and opened up Virtual Talk. I tapped on the empty bar and started typing up my queestion: "What made me want to be a game developer?"

"You played a lot of video games and enjoyed every minute of it. You can play the games on your iPod. They have icon images of characters in the game."

I double tapped the home button and closed the application. I looked over the games but decided to check out Wattpad first. When the app loaded, a page opened up with two pictures in the center of the screen. I tapped three lines on the top left corner of the screen and several tabs came up on dissplay. The tab I was on was labeled Library. Beneath it was News Feed, Discover, Create, and Settings. Above it was an icon of a bell, an envelope, and a large circular photo of me smiling in a white background. The bell had a red circle with the number 23 in the center. I tapped on my photo and what appeared to be my profile popped up in front of me. I tapped on works and saw that what Buruku had said was true. There were countless stories going down the profile. So many that I gave up trying to see it all. I tapped the three lines again and clicked create to see all of the stories going down again but at the top of the list was a story I did not see. It said it had no published parts. The story was called, "My Life with Amnesia." I tapped on the story and the description appeared under a cover photo of a green notebook over the map of Okinawa, Japan.

The description read: "This is the story of my new life in Japan. This is all that has happened to me."

I frowned. I didn't want people to message me to show pity for me. I tapped the description and deleted everything. Carefully planning my words, I changed the description to: "Dev Lunesu wakes up on a plane with a strange case of Amnesia. Luckily, a stranger named Buruku left a notebook for Dev to help him start his new life in Okinawa, Japan. How will Dev's new life go with his Amnesia?"

Satified with the change, I clicked the save button and the description was saved.

Only seconds later, someone knocked on the door. I stood up and walked to the door to see Linda standing there, holding a small Mc Donald's bag.

"Oh. Hello." I bowed slightly. "What do you need?"

She smiled. "I just wanted to have breakfast with you."

"Breakfast?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure." I stepped aside and she walked in, taking off her shoes at the front door and placing them neatly beside my own. "How are you?"