Chapter 3

Evan POV:
"Good morning Evan! Get up it's time for breakfast!!"
I guess that means my mom is home from her overnight shift, I was looking forward to sleeping in but I doubt she will let me stay in bed. She's really into having a routine right now and she thinks if I wake up early and eat breakfast it'll make me feel more productive our something. Okay maybe I'll sleep 5 more minutes.

Heidi POV:
I've been waiting for nearly 10 minutes and that boy of mine still isn't out of bed. I keep telling him he needs to be productive and have some sort of schedule if he wants to stay off those meds. I still worry about him sometimes, I'm always so busy with work and I don't think he's hanging out with Jared anymore. I hope he's not falling into another rough patch.
"EVAN!!!"
I need to get him up it's time to start the day, plus I want to see him before I'm off to work again this afternoon.
I watch him slowly walk down the stairs rubbing his eyes, he still looks half asleep.
" morning mom, how was work?"
"It was good hunny. What were you up to yesterday?"
All of a sudden Evan looks awake, almost startled.
"Evan is everything okay?"
I wonder what happened yesterday.

Evan POV

"It was good hunny. What were you up to yesterday?"
Yesterday.
"Evan is everything okay?"
No.everything is not okay mom. Yesterday I saw Zoe Murphy, and that's all the explanation.
"Yeah mom, I just...went to work"
"Evan you never work on Tuesday afternoons, did it through off your schedule?"
That damn schedule. No mom I don't need a schedule.
"Yeah I guess it did a little"
"Evan talk to your manager tell her she can't just schedule you whenever she would like. She will understand hun, if you can't talk to her just text all you have to do is hit send!"
"Yeah mom I'll get on it."

Mom made pancakes, she can't cook very well but I guess it's the thought that counts. A couple of them were almost completely burnt but out of love I ate them anyways. After I was done eating I decided to go shower, I don't think I can listen to mom ramble about her annoying co workers and me having a perfect schedule any longer. Lately those are her only topics of conversation. I thank her for the food and walk back upstairs to my room to pick out my outfit and grab a towel.
I heard my phone buzz.

Message from - Zoe Murphy

Zoe? Why would she message me?

I stumbled to the bathroom avoiding reading whatever Zoe had sent. I stood in the hot water letting it drip down my body, I didn't want to think about anything, because when I let myself think too much that's when the bad thoughts come in. But since I saw her I can't get her out of my head, the way she smiled, her shiny blond hair, her soft voice.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door
"Evan you've been in there almost an hour. Is everything okay?"

I didn't even realize how much time passed.
" yeah mom. Getting out now."