Chapter Five: Murphy's Law

The minute our lips connected, desire exploded between us, obliterating any and all rational thought. Duke gripped the back of my neck, sliding his other hand down my ribs to rest at the slope of my hip. My arms draped over his shoulders, my breasts pressed firmly against his hard chest. He slid the hand on my hip further down, reaching around to give my ass a rough squeeze. I moaned against his mouth, allowing him to deepen the kiss.

Our tongues danced; tasting each other, stoking the fire between us with each stroke. His grip on my neck moved to tangle in my hair, holding me in place.

Amazing.

His thoughts entered my head, distorted by lust.

Missed your lips...

...your body.

Want to lay you down.

Put your legs upon my shoulders once again.

I felt the flutter of my heart all the way down between my legs. Duke, please.

Please stop? He thought at me. Or please continue?

Duke's erection suddenly twitched just beneath my bellybutton, and I gasped.

Continue. I thought eagerly. God, please don't stop.

It had been so long since I'd orgasmed, since I'd felt him inside me, that I was on the pinnacle of being undone entirely.

Groaning softly, Duke broke our kiss to quickly spin me around. He bent me over the end of his bed and pulled my leggings down in one quick swoop.

Beautiful. He thought before sticking a finger inside me. Gods, you are so delectably wet.

Slowly, he moved his finger in and out, turning my breathing ragged. I rocked back against his intrusion, willing him to go faster.

He didn't.

Instead, he pulled his finger all the way out, leaving me cold and empty. A second later, he hummed pleasantly, as if he'd tasted something he liked.

Hmm, you taste even better than I remember.

I glanced back at him and nearly fell over. He was sucking my dampness from his finger, just as he had the night he ate me out.

Delicious. He thought. May I have more?

I started to nod, but stopped when Duke froze in place. In a blur, he abruptly pulled my pants back up and stood me straight.

Aiden is coming.

Duke thought, rushing into his bathroom.

Shit! A tremble of frustration rippled through me. I was so close!

I heard Duke chuckle on the other side of the door. Apologies. If I get the chance I swear to make it up to you.

The muffled sound of water running suddenly came from the bathroom a second before Aiden barged in. He looked suspicious, tense, but visibly relaxed when he saw I was alone.

"Doc Hadley is ready for you." He spoke calmly, albeit wary, taking another step inside. "Where's Duke?"

"Washing up." I jerked my thumb toward the bathroom, adding sheepishly, "I think all the different thoughts took a toll on him."

It wasn't a lie. My thoughts in particular really had taken a toll on him, and he really was washing up--or at least pretending to. But I still felt like I was lying to Aiden, and I didn't like it.