Sunday

Waking up, Tord could feel his stomach twisting in discomfort. It wasn't a new feeling, but he still felt disgust and fear fill him. Sickness usually meant harder punishments from Tom. He knew deep down that Tom wasn't going to hurt him, but months and months of ingrained fear and trauma couldn't be washed away in a week. He doubted he'd ever get over it. A pained groan escaped his lips as he curled up on the couch. Colores swirled behind his closed eyelids.  "Tord?" opening his remaining eye, he could see matt leaning over the couch, a worried frown on his face. "What's wrong? Are you sick?"

He nodded, feeling tears welling up in his eye. Matt pressed a hand to his forehead, frown deepening. It felt so good he couldn't help but lean into his cool touch. "Bøtte, vennligst jeg trenger en bøtte'' he whispered, slipping into his mother tongue, his stomach curing awfully. Matt furrowed his brow, trying to dig up any Norweigan he knew.  Tord began to cough violently, tears finally falling. 

"Bøtte… That's bucket, right? Oh Tordy, don't worry. I'll take care of you" Matt dashed off, leaving poor Tord alone. He coughed and coughed, unsurprised when blood came up. The front door swung open, and Edd and Tom walked in. Tord did his best to ignore them, focusing on not getting sick all over Edd's carpet. 

"You look like shit, what's your issue?" Tom asked as he passed by, carrying a bag of food to the kitchen. Edd stepped in front of him, frowning down at him. Tord tried to place the emotion on his face but just couldn't remember what it was called. Edds eyes widened when he noticed the blood trickling down his chin.

"Did Matt do this to you? Why are you coughing up blood?" He asked in a quick voice, moving to sit Tord up, much to his discomfort. He shook his head, hands flying to his mouth as bile rose in his throat. Edd's frown deepened and he helped Tord to his feet, leading him to the kitchen. Tord leaned against the counter over the sink, his tears falling to the bottom with small taps. 

"What the hell is his deal?" Tom frowned, watching blood drip down Tord's face. Tords hate it, hates everyone staring at him like he's some vase about to break. Like they weren't the ones who kept hitting him until he cracked. He was so disgusted by it all he finally wretched, blood and bile filling the sink. His throat burned and tears fell faster, his legs buckling and sending him crashing downwards. Well, he would've if Matt hadn't chosen that moment to arrive and catch him. 

"Tord!" He squeaked, eyes wide with what Tord could only guess was fear.

"Matt! What did you do to him to make him throw up blood?" Edd snapped, Looking about ready to fight matt. Tord didn't want to lose the only person who truly cared about him in the house. 

"Edd, I'm telling you, I didn't do anything! This just happens when he's sick!" Matt countered, leading Tord over to the dining room table, and sitting him down. Tord leaned heavily against the solid object. 

"What do you mean this just happens? People don't just throw up this much blood, or blood at all! Matt something is seriously wrong with him."

"You know what? You're right! There is something wrong with him" Matt growled, clenching his fists. "YOU'RE WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM! YOU KIDNAPPED HIM AND LOCKED HIM IN OUR BASEMENT! YOU TORTURED HIM, ABUSED AND BELITTLED HIM, BANGED HIS HEAD AGAINST THE SO MANY TIMES HE CAN HARDLY FUCKING FUNCTION! YOU TOOK HIM FROM PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MADE HIM HAPPY. YOU DID THIS TO HIM EDD, WHEN WILL YOU OPEN YOU'RE FUCKING EYES AND REALIZE ITS YOUR FAULT." He began to laugh maniacally, eyes filling with tears.

He stomped towards the knife block, grabbing one and waving it at them. "You always complain that I don't hurt him enough! Well, let's fix that, yeah?" Matt grabbed his right hand and slammed the knife down, cutting his middle finger clean off. He laughed again, a single tear slipping down his face. "Are you happy now? Is this what you want from me?"