Chapter 17

Jeno's p.o.v

Seomin fall on her knees as soon he left. I chase after Haechan and almost lost him in the dark. Some of the lampposts are not working so it doesn't help me to find him at all. Luckily he wears a white hoodie and limping. He walks quite fast for a person who was shot on his thigh. He changes direction. Not going to his house. He's heading to the park nearby and sit on a swing.

He looked up on the sky and I saw something rolls down his cheek. I decided to approach him even though I don't know if he still wants to be friends with me or not.

"Can I sit here?" I ask him to which he surprisingly nods. I heard him sniffing and hiccup.

"You can cry. I'll just keep quiet. You can talk when you're ready." he cried silently and take a deep breath before he starts to talk.

"I actually think that I'm safe when I'm with her. I didn't mean to say that. The angel in her hasn't gone yet. It's still there…inside her. Everything happened today gives me the shock like I never had before. My mind refuses to believe everything. Especially the part that she shot me." he touched his wrapped wound and winced. I chuckle at his behavior.

"Do you want to know something?" he hummed.

"Her shoulder. She didn't fell and sprained it. She got shot there when we were in the States. Someone stole from someone we protect but they didn't know we are the ones who protect them. One of the men pointed the gun from her back. I shouted her name, she turns around and bang! But she didn't stop there. She finished everything. She killed the Don, who talked shit to Mark which is the biggest mistake he had ever done."

"Wait, are you trying to scare me?" he looks at me in horror. I laugh and shook my head.

"What I'm trying to say is... She's totally different when with you or when talks about anything related to you. I’ve known her since she moved to Canada. I met her there. We are best friends along with Renjun, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung. Until that incident happened 2 years ago. Back on track... You mean a lot to her. She always mention you to us. How annoying you are, how mean you are and so on. But as we grow up together, she became more quiet cause she had to focus on being the Don replacing uncle. She became the Don when she was only 14. Everyone was terrified of her. No one wants to wake the monster inside her. Even us, are scared of her. But thanks to you, she changed to become her old self. But the monster inside her remains the same every time we have a mission."

"What Chenle said about her killing the boy named Jisung.. Is it true?" I look at him and think, do I tell him?

"About Jisung, sometimes I question myself too. Why did she do that? But after what happened today, I finally understand why. To know more about it, you need to ask her yourself." I tap him on his back.

"I don't think she wants to see me after what I said to her just now."

"Believe me, only you can heal her heart after you break it. She loves you so much Haechan. I never see her so happy when she was with Chenle or this broken when Chenle broke up with her and left. But you bring out the real her that she had been keeping locked inside for years. It's better if you heal her now than later cause she might gets worse. What you say?"

'I know can never replace him, that's why I'm doing this for you'