Chapter 4

"Haechan-ah! Can I follow you to your practice? " this is not the first time I beg him to let me follow him for his stay back with Doyoung and Taeil. I knew he'll have to stay longer after school and probably went home late evening since our school will held a farewell ceremony for the principal who's retiring next week. I’m just worried anything will happen to him if he goes home late than usual. I just want to protect him from any of them. Even though everything is going fine these couple of weeks but I don't want to be careless even for once.

"It's not that I don't want to bring you along with me. It's just that... I... Umm.."

"You what?" I take a step closer to him making him take a step back. Reading his body language, I know he will runaway from me.

Again...

Before he could run, I was fast to take a hold of his wrist, holding them tight.

"Oww you'll break my wrist if you keep on holding it tight." Realising I accidentally hurt him, I release my grip slowly letting go his hand.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

There's an awkward pause between us. Then out of sudden,

"Bye Seomin!" he shouted as he quickly grabs his bag and ran out of the class to his practice. I scoffed to the fact that he really runaway from me again for the 10th time!

10 freaking time!!

Without wasting any time, I ran out of class and saw him turning to the right at the end of the hallway. Luckily I gain my stamina back after a few weeks having to jog around the school field for two rounds every time we have p.e. including my trainings along with the boys that we have after school excluding Haechan.

I saw him slows down before turning to the left at the end of the hallway so I slow down as well. I didn't turn to the left right away following Haechan but choose to hide until one of the doors of the classroom opened can be heard. I peeked to see which class he went in and smirk to myself.

I waited for about 5 minutes at the corner and slowly make my way to the class. From outside, I heard three of them talking before rehearsal. I decided to sit on the floor outside the class just to hear them for at least once before I barge in.

They started their rehearsal with Doyoung and then Taeil then back to Doyoung. I wait patiently to hear Haechan's voice.

I’ve heard Doyoung and Taeil singing before and their vocals are just amazing! But never heard Haechan singing even though I've been asking, begging, bribe him, (just kidding) to sing but he just changes topic quickly.

That's when a honey like unique Voice started to sing. It's not Doyoung's, not Taeil's either.

'This must be Haechan.'

I smile at myself listening to them just makes you feel like you're in another world.

When the song ends and I started to hear chatting between them, wanting to sing again, I stand up and open the door frantically.

All eyes are on me and Haechan's face turned pale as hell.

"It was amazing guys!! I love it so much!!" Doyoung and Taeil smile and thanked me for the compliment.

"And you, Lee Donghyuck... Don't ever leave me alone like that ever again! That's the 10th time you left me." I wrapped my arms on my chest and looking up to him.

"I.. I can explain."

"If you're going to say that you're embarrassed to let me hear you sing, well guess what? You're wrong. It's such a shame that I didn't chase after you when the 2nd time you left me. Your voice is unique Haechan! I never heard any voice as sweet and unique as yours! I'm proud of you... Donghyuck." a warm smile formed on my face and his face slowly turns red. Three of us chuckled at him for being too obvious.

"Can I stay here until you guys finish?" the olders agreed but Haechan’s eyes becomes wide hearing my request.

"Just ignore my presence if you're still shy." he nodded and let out a big sigh. Probably to shoo away his nervousness.

They started singing again and it felt like it's the best vocal collaboration you've ever heard in your entire life. My smile widened when Haechan's part comes.

'everything about you is just precious'

______________________________________

A/n

Stream Wayv Turn Back Time guys! Tbh I almost forgot to update cause I've been streaming the whole day😂

Stream other NCT comeback as well!!!
Let's get Punch to 20m and get the baseball dance practice!

Stay safe💚💚💚💚💚💚