ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 - ᴀᴇɪᴘᴀᴛʜʏ ೄྀ࿐

———

———

"L-LUI?!" My hand flew up to my mouth, my other hand automatically went for the handle to slam the door shut.

       I felt my blood run cold.

"Y/N?" His toneless voice transformed into a brittle one. Lui turned around from the setting golden sunset and towards me.

I was dead in my tracks.

There was my soulmate, mirroring my stance as he was also frozen in his movements. His mouth began to open, but no words came out.

"..."

I couldn't help but to...look...at him.

       The first thing I perceived was his aura. The atmosphere that resonates around him is so much more serene. The piercing, deathly glare that he always gives was gone. His cold-blooded eyes were tamed, no longer held with a constant build up of rage. I finally notice his overall height. He was a head taller then me now, and his build's more...more...

      You know.

We just stared at each other, for what felt like light years. I had a million thoughts surging through my mind.

'Would he hate me for leaving without saying anything to him? Should I be the first one to speak? Maybe I shouldn't—

       What if he gets so angry he screams at me?!'

Just the thought of him shouting at me made my head spin, making me stumble like a newborn doe walking for the first time.

       'No! No he won't...oh yes! He promised didn't he?'

       "I-I...um..." I fidgeted with my fingers, hurried to shake the negative thought out of my head. "Y-You're...u-uh...taller? H-Hi...long time no see."

"You grew too..." Lui responded monotonously, moving his feathery white boa a tad bit to the left. He strode towards me coolly, not waiting for me to make a move as he advances in his steps. "In...places...that I'm not gonna name."

"P-Places...what?" I mumble, thinking about what it could possibly be. He blinked at my naiveness, towering over me like a giant. "I...uh."

"Never mind." The male muttered. "More importantly, why did you suddenly decide that you wanted to move to America?"

"I..." I tucked my hands in front of my chest, stumbling back a few steps once I realized we were only mere inches apart. "My mom."