37 ≫ athazagoraphobia

(3rd Person POV)

Eliza was at the Avengers facility, sitting at her desk, trying to do calculus homework. Her hand hurt from writing and erasing over and over again. School was one of the last thing she wanted to do, what she really wanted to do was watch Brooklyn Nine Nine with Peter. But that was impossible now that he was gone.

She sighed and leaned back in her chair, giving up on trying to solve the problem. She rolled her neck back and forth, trying to stretch a bit.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in," she groaned.

Steve opened the door and walked in. When he saw the state she was in, her hair ruffled all over the place and her glasses lopsided, he let out a long breath.

"How you doing kiddo?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"Forking great," she fake smiled.

Steve chuckled and sat on the end of her bed. She swiveled around in her chair to face him. He smirked, "I like your outfit."

She was wearing one of Peter's old t-shirts, it had a Captain America shield on it.

"Thanks," she tilted her head to the side.

He shook his head and looked at his feet, "You're too young to be going through all this Eliza. I-I'm really sorry this is happening to you." He met her eyes.

"Yeah, well," she sighed through her nose.

"But your dad called me a little while ago, he said that Shuri wanted to see you."

Her eyes lit up, she missed Shuri a lot. "Really?"

"Yeah, the jet leaves in about half an hour, so be ready." he said, standing up from her bed.

Eliza's mouth dropped to the floor and she scrambled to her feet, tripping a little. "O-okay. Uh, just gimme a minute."

Steve sniggered and walked towards her door, closing it behind him. Eliza glanced at her math homework, flipped it off, and began packing a few items of clothing for the short 'vacation' they were taking.

She packed a few jeans, sweaters, and one of Peter's sweatshirts.

Her fingers grazed over the soft fabric of his Midtown Tech sweatshirt, and decided to put it on, just because at that particular moment she was missing him a lot.

She threw all the clothes in her black backpack and slung it over her shoulder, running to the jet where Steve was.

On the jet ride, she didn't look out the windows, but at the seat across from her. From context, she figured this was the same jet they took on the mission, because in front of her, Spiderman sat with his mask off, buckling up his buckle.

Her mouth was wide open. She gulped and asked Steve, "Y-you couldn't have gotten another jet? I mean don't we have like six of them?"

He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Sorry, it's just- um, d-do you see him?" she stuttered, pointing to the seat across from her.

Steve looked to where she was pointing and shook his head. "No, I don't. Are you feeling alright?" He put a hand to her forehead to make sure she didn't have a fever or something like that.

The rest of the ride, Eliza stared at her feet, trying to block whatever hallucinations she was seeing out of her brain.

One of her favorite parts about returning to Wakanda, besides seeing Shuri, was when everyone in the jet thought they were crashing into a bunch of trees, but really it was just an illusion. So as they were about to cross the borderline into the city, Eliza's eyes widened, still not used to the transition.