17

Song of the day
PAPER HEART- TORI KELLY
E L I J A H

After cleaning her wound and re doing the stitches I tried to find her a blanket

After cleaning her wound and re doing the stitches I tried to find her a blanket. I knew it must be in her room but i didn't know where it was. I kept on wandering the place, opening every door in hopes of finding her room to get a blanket.

Just when I am about to give up I open the door to a room with the lights off. I felt relieved thinking I found her room so i turn the lights on.

Instead of her bedroom I found myself inside a store room. It was well kept and pristine. I wasn't expecting it to resemble a museum.

Out of curiosity, I walk further inside the room and look through the artefacts and paintings. They were absolutely breathtaking and if my guess is correct then they are worth more than millions.

I forgot Valerie is a successful businesswoman so I shouldn't be surprised to know she is worth in millions.

As I admire the pieces I come across photos on the walls. I started feeling guilty because it felt like I was invading her privacy. Which I am so I suppress my curiosity and respectfully turn around. A pocket watch catches my eyes and I pick it up. On the back side of it there are initials engraved.
"F.D. 1844"
I am appalled by the fact that this is from nineteenth century. I keep the pocket watch back where it respectively was carefully to not damage it. I walk out of the room and close the door. I sense someone behind me. I turn around and the man from the Ball is standing there stating at me coldly.
"Who are you?"he questions me.
I stand straight and look him in the eye to make him know I am not intimidated, "I am Elijah, Valerie's mate. Who are you?"
Hearing that his expression changes from coldness to bright child like.
"I am William. Its nice to meet you. I am valerie's company Vice President and her close friend."
I was befuddled by his excitement. I couldn't understand why would he was being this way after just meeting me.
"I am sorry, but why are you so...happy to know me?"
"Silly! I have been waiting for the day when she brings you home I just didn't expect you here this early. God, is she going really fast? She is! Definitely. Oh my god I didn't know she was this wild!"
"Um, perhaps you are reading too much into this situation. I visited her because she didn't show up to college. I was worried."
He suddenly squeals and hopped. I wrinkle my nose at his child like behaviour.
"How dare you!" He suddenly exclaim startling me.
"Oh god that startled me. What did I do?" I exclaim in exasperation.

"You just wrinkles your nose in disgust at me. You cant do that!"

Wide eyed I just look at him in puzzlement. I don't understand if he is like this normally or was he exaggerating.
"Are you normally this....unearthly or are you just histrionic?" I genuinely ask him in the most respectable way I can manage.

He quieten down and just look at me with dead eyes.
"I am offended." He explains.
"You want a cookie to get better?"
"I wouldn't mind that at all" he turns around and starts skipping down the floor.

"Where are you going?"
"To the kitchen obviously. Where else"
"Tell me where her room is so that I can bring her a blanket."

"Blanket? Dont you have it in her room already?" He turns around confused.
"Well, it's a long story but she is sleeping on the couch in the lobby.

"Please don't say you did the dirty on the couch."

"Yes, we did." I deadpan just to rile him up.
"No!" He suddenly starts acting hysterically faking a sob.
"It was my favourite place to sit and eat her food. How will i do that again? I cant see it the same anymore."
"We didnt actually I was just messing with you." He visibly lets out a sigh of relief.
"Wait, so why is she sleeping there?"
"She got hurt and fell asleep there."
For a moment i saw him tensing and an unknown emotion passes through his eyes but before I can question him he suddenly turns around and starts running towards to lobby.
"Why are you running?" I exclaim
"My V is hurt. Wait, V your William is coming to nurse you!"
"At least tell me where the room is!"
He suddenly stops running and turns around, "oh you can find a blanket the second cabinet of the coffee table. We keep some essential there."
I just look at him wide eyed while he starts running again.
"So that means I have been walking around here for nothing?" I say to myself

Suddenly, I am worried for what is gonna happen because this William person is just unpredictable.

Please drop a like and comment❤️
Love,
Deepshikha🌸