13

Song of the day
Think before I talk - Astrid S

Valerie's Ball dress on the first slide

I was agitated. After my restless night my mood wasn't one to be seen. I kept on turning in the bed, trying to have a little bit of rest but it seems as if I have become enemy with sleep and my nightly demons have become friendly with dreams.

Last night after I got annoyed from turning around in my bed I went to my office to get my work done for a few days. Seeing as I have already taken many leaves since I joined the university, the dean is not very happy with my behavior. I have to make sure I am not absent from now on.

Well, it's not like I am free all the time. I have a multi-dollar business to run so it's obvious I will take leave often but I can make sure that the dean is quite about this.

Feeling hungry, I went to my kitchen to look for breakfast to eat. I opened my fridge to see it empty. Frowning I opened my cabinet to see them empty too. I marched towards the pantry and threw the door open. It was empty too.

Frustrated, I started cursing William and his large stomach. Taking a deep breath I put on an outer on my crop top and sweatpants. I took my BMW's keys and took my car to eat breakfast out.

I reached the city in few minutes and looked around for any restaurant or diner. I found a small, fancy restaurant near the city centre surrounded by trees and expensive stores.

I searched the ratings up on Google to see its got good. Perfect for me.
I parked my car in the lot and went towards it locking it. I opened the main door and immediately the smell of pancakes, bacon and waffle reached me.

I found a rather interesting smell accompanied by the food. A distinctive one, one that I can find amidst thousands.

Elijah's smell.

I looked around the small space to find him already looking at me with an impassive expression.

I felt my sternum beating more rapidly than usual. This feeling, this expression is not foreign to me. But what differentiates the current situation is the man I have feelings for.

Denying my feelings is an indirect admission of my desires. Only a fool would choose denial over clarity. But accepting them doesn't refer to acting on them.

I took a table near the window, adjacent to his table with his other pack mates. I was out of earshot for a werewolf but within the range for a lycan. I opened the menu and ordered bacon and pancakes with cappuccino to the awaiting waitress.

I leaned backed and looked out the window but my attention was on the ongoing argument between Elijah and the redhead beta.

"She is my mate Xavier. If I want her to join our table then she would. I don't care about what you think.'' Elijah growled out.