Catch It Before It Flys By

Klaire stepped from the bathroom and crawled back into bed, slithering back to her spot next to Damien. She stared at the guy and smiled softly. He really would be the perfect mate if he didn't have such a grumpy attitude. Very slowly she raked over his features,  his lips were pink and plump, she could feel her inner girl screaming to lean in and see what it was like to have them against her own. Get over it! She shouted to her subconscious knowing it would never happen. 

With a sigh, she wiggled till she was on she back and stared at the ceiling, her thoughts floating around freely in her head. Her head brought up beautiful ice blue eyes that had been haunting her dreams the past few days. She remembered two sets.  One belonging to a wolf as white as snow, and the other to a younger boy with a smile that seemed to outshine the sun. Both of them were glued to her brain. She wanted to know who they were, and why they chose to torture her with their oddly terrifying scenes. Klaire knew the dreams she had really weren't that scary, but for some reason the images always drenched her heart with fear.

"Your discomfort is bugging the crap out of me. What ever your thinking about, please stop." Damien mumbled causing Klaire to jump with a small scream. She looked over and found him eyeing her with curiosity. 

"S...sorry?"

"How long have you been up?"

"Maybe twenty minutes. I...I didn't want to wake you up."

"You should have." He raised his hand and placed it against her forehead. She sucked in a breath and felt her face turn red. With a smirk, Damien got up from bed and headed into his closet, "Seems like your fever is finally gone. Of course sleeping for a week straight will do that to you."

"Yeah...WAIT WHAT!?" Klaire shouted in shock. "I've been out for a week?"

"That's what I just said."

"Why the f#ck did you let me sleep that long?" Darting from the bed, Klaire snatched up the silver robe next to the nightstand and marched into the bathroom. She turned the water onto hot and jumped it with her clothes still on. Realizing her mistake a little to late, Klaire peeled the shorts and large t-shirt off her body and then went through her normal shower routine.

The moment she was done she slid the silky soft robe over her bare body and walked back into the room towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" Damien asked as he eyed the wet skin showing through the top of her robe.

"To get clothes."

"No need to leave the room then, I took the liberty of moving you in here while you were out cold. Your clothes are on the left side of the closet."

"What!?"

"I told you that you were moving out of Lillian's room. Your my mate not hers."

"You...you need to move everything back." Damien's eyes widened at the panicked expression suddenly swarming her frail frame.

"Klaire..."

"You...you don't understand. I can't, I need to be with her, I'll...please take me back! I can't stay here Damien."

"Why? Do you still think I'm going to kill you?"

"No it's not-"

"Look, if I wanted to kill you I would have done it already. I'm only doing this because your my mate. All mates share a room together, I'm just doing the normal thing Klarissa."

"Please..."

"Give me a good reason."

"I...I can't tell you." His green eyes flashed gold and before Klaire could say another word he marched out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. Sighing, Klaire moved into the large closet, changed into sweats and a tank top, and searched through the house for a mess of bright red hair.