Life Can Be Quite Cruel

By the time Klarissa woke up, the pack was already gathered in the living room. She entered silently, taking her place on the couch next to Lillian, and listened to the pack alpha's morning speech on what all needed to be done for the day. It was going to be simple. The alpha was taking a small group with him to teach some of the younglings hunting techniques. While he was gone his daughter would be the stand in alpha. No one was permitted access within the mansions perimeter who was not of the pack. Once he returned, the guests would then be aloud onto the territory. Besides those two things, everyone was free to do as they choose as long as they let Lillian know before they took off.

After he was done, and everyone left and began getting ready for the day, the only people left in the room were the pack's beta, Lillian, and a half awake Klaire. Her best friend sent a terrifying glare her way before jabbing her in the stomach with her elbow.

"Oww!" Klaire slid to the ground rubbing her side in exaggerated pain.

"It's your fault for staying up so late."

"Right," her eyes rolled, "Because normal people get up at six in the morning for a meeting." 

"Normal people don't, but werewolves do."

"My point exactly! I am not a werewolf, therefore I should not have to participate!!"

"Oh please," Lillian scoffed in response, "Who do you think is going to be helping me all day? You don't really expect me to run this entire pack for a day by myself, do you?"

"She has a point, Klaire," Mark added into the conversation, "Knowing our luck, we would come back and the mansion would be nothing but mere ashes and half the pack would be gone."

"Don't you have some unimportant beta stuff to be doing?" Lillian growled.

"Nothing to do but bug you." He grinned.

Hearing a fight about to appear, Klaire pushed herself off the ground and moved into the kitchen. Lillian's father Anthony, and Alpha of the pack, was sipping on his morning coffee. He was quick to speak as she entered.

"You were late..."

"Your daughter doesn't know the meaning of being quiet at night." He chuckled and laid down the paper he had been reading onto the table.

"I can believe it. Well luckily, you will be free to sleep later while I am out with my hunters. Today will be a quiet one since most of the younger ones will be gone."

"It's fine," she yawned as she began pouring lucky charms into a red plastic bowl, "You and I both know your daughter will mess something up and come running to me to fix it."

"If it would be easier, I can have Mark stay behind. I'm pretty sure the rest of us can manage without him."

"Oh, there's no need for that. I've been here for almost ten years, Sir. I know how to handle her when things go down south. Besides, its only a few hours, I highly doubt anything will go that wrong."

"You clearly don't know her as well as you think." 

Klarissa let out a small laugh at his words. His daughter did have a tendency to draw trouble to herself and those around her, but she also knew that no matter what happened, Lillian always did everything in her power to fix her mistakes. It was one of the many things Klaire loved about her.

"We will be fine, I do have a little bit of faith in her."

"Alright, just if anything were to happen, make sure she is safe." She nodded to the alpha then headed back to her room. When she entered the large room she shared with Lilli, she placed her cereal on the white dresser to her right and then stepped into the full bathroom. With a side glance towards the mirror she cringed. Her beach, blonde hair was a tangled mess, the pastel pink ends sticking out everywhere from it's night time bun. Smeared eyeliner gave her the look of a racoon, and her normally bright, dark, blue eyes were blood shot. Thanks Lilli.