We can end this

Scarlet re appeared in the living area and sat down on the couch in silence, jay could sense her fear and embarrassment, "this isn't your fault, okay?" He said while giving her a can of sprite. She smiled and accepted the pop, "it is jay, I made him angry, I got myself into this" she said while looking at him. Jay looked sad that she blamed herself, "you wanna talk about it? You can trust me, I'm your partner, your friend, I care about you scarlet, you can tell me everything but only if you want to..." he reassured her. She looked hesitant and worried, "I don't know how you feel but if you're not talking about it, you're bottling it up and that can get pretty heavy..." he said making her realise she needed to talk.
"Yeah, I'll tell you" she said while scooting back into the couch. She took a deep breath and started, "uh, he hasn't always been like this. He was sweet at first, we would do our share around the apartment, we were happy. But then he found out his nephew died and he turned to drink, no matter how many times I offered my help he ran back to the drink." She explained and looked down. "I-I came home one day a few months back and uh he was drunk, like a coffee table full of beers drunk. He was angry that I'd been at work all day and I hadn't made him dinner so he threw a glass at me, I dodged it but that made him angry so he threw another, and then another. I dodged them all, I just hid behind the counter waiting for him to stop, he got up and started shouting, he blamed me for making a mess and said that if I didn't clean it up by the time he got out of the shower I'd be a dead man..." jay looked at her with a sorry expression, she smiled weakly at him back.
"Unlucky for me, he made that much of a mess that the kitchen was covered in glass. He came out of the shower while I was still picking it all up, he was even angrier that I wasn't done so he dragged me back by my hair and that's when he got abusive." She finished up. Jay was speechless, "does it happen every night?" He said shocked. She smiled sadly and looked at him, "no not every night, just most nights" she explained. "How didn't we realise..." jay said rubbing his head. Scarlet shook her head and held jays hand, "no jay, don't do that. I cover it up well, makeup, clothes, a smile, laughter. There was no way anyone could've known..." she paused for a second realising how sad she sounded. "You went through it all alone..." he said holding her hand back. "Jay, trust me, it's no ones fault but mine" she said looking into his eyes. "No it's not your fault scarlet, it's his" jay said getting angry. She looked down realising he was right, "I'm scared jay, it only started to get worse about two weeks ago, if he finds out people know. Oh god, I'll be dead" she said panicking.
"Hey, look at me okay? We can end this" jay said looking into her eyes. "We just gotta arrest him" he added. Her eyes shot up to his again with dread. "No we can't, he'll get out of jail and he'll find me again." She said almost begging. "He won't scarlet, you're a badass cop. He won't touch you ever again. I promise." He said sincerely. She looked down for a second and yawned. Jay noticed and proposed the idea of calling it a night, "I think we better get some rest, we'll work through it tomorrow, okay?" She smiled weakly and nodded. They both headed off to their own rooms and crashed into a deep sleep.