v

NEW PEOPLE

❛ DON'T LOOK AT ME, DON'T TALK, DON'T BREATHE

❛ DON'T LOOK AT ME, DON'T TALK, DON'T BREATHE. ❜

∎∎∎∎∎𓆙𓆗𓆙∎∎∎∎∎

MY EYELIDS SPLIT APART as I woke up the next morning. I sat upright and stretched, yawning as I pushed the covers off of my legs and got out of bed. I looked at my alarm clock. It was still early. I rolled my eyes and made my bed, walking over to my record player. I took my favourite record and placed it in the correct spot, and the needle on the right ring, and then the music began to play.

I smiled. It was my favourite song. I danced over to the bathroom, grabbing a towel from the shelf outside the door as I walked in. I closed the door and turned on the faucet, letting the water warm up as I undressed. "Let me tell you 'bout a place.. somewhere up a New York way," I sang along to the music as I stepped in the shower. I washed my body and my hair, and contemplated whether or not to shave my legs. "Hm.. of course, it's a skirt you pea-brain!" I whispered to myself.

When I got out of the shower, I dried off and used a blow-dryer on my hair. "Here they have a lot of fun.. puttin' trouble on the ru-un~" I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth. Then I washed my face and changed into my uniform and robe. I still had loads of time before I had to eat, so I french braided my hair in two even sections on either side of my head. They were a little messy, loose enough to allow some small strands to fall in front of my face.

I smiled and started to dance along to the music, because it's not like anybody was watching. Or so I thought.

"PFFFT.." I heard from my door. I gasped and looked over, being now face to face with my dear old brother. "Oh.. good morning.. uh- how did you get in here?" I questioned, shutting the music off and putting the record away. William came inside of my dorm and sat on my bed.

"Oi! I just made the bed! Get off you baboon!" I demanded. However, he just stayed there. "Will-uh! How did you get in here?" I repeated. Will laughed. "Chillax, little sis. They let me in here to make sure you were awake. And I wanted to check on you." He smiled. I playfully rolled my eyes, but hugged him nonetheless.

"Well, thank you. And before you ask, yes I like it here, yes I slept well, and yes I'm ready for my first day of school." I said, walking over to Konan's dishes to feed him. He purred and rubbed himself against my ankles as I poured kibble into his bowl. I sighed and returned to the bed with William. "Well, that's great!" He exclaimed. I chuckled and nodded.

"Are there any teachers I should worry about?" I asked. William thought for a moment, but shook as head. "I suppose it depends on what you do to affect your reputation." He shrugged. I exhaled and looked at the floor. "Do I look okay?" I asked, walking over to the vanity. I looked at my face. "I should give the brows a quick tweeze." I said, pulling out my tweezers and cleaning up my eyebrows.