Chapter 5

One month later

"Pete, Soph and Harley I think it's a good idea to send you three back to school." Dad says whilst looking at us.

"Why?" Is the first thing Harley says.

"One, because you have to. Two, because we say so." Mum says and Pete and I hold back a laugh.

"Ugh fine" Harley says and walks off to his room.

"I'll go talk him into this. I mean, I'm not a fan of this idea either but I guess we have to." I say laughing.

"Aw our daughter is clearly the smartest out of the bunch." Mum says and holds back a chuckle while Pete is pretending to be hurt by this statement. Meanwhile I make my way to Harley's room.

I knock on the door to Harley's bedroom and walk into his room when I hear a 'come in'. I see him sitting on his bed looking out the window.

"Hey Harls, what's wrong?" I ask him, a concerned look on my face.

"I just don't have the best experience with schools.." He says while looking out the window.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, concern lacing my voice.

"Not really, but thanks Soph" He turns around and sends me a smile.

"Okay, but I'm here if you want or need to talk to someone." I send him a reassuring smile.

"Thank you," He walks over to me and gives me a hug, "what would I do without you?"

"Probably just lay in bed all day" I say chuckling a little.

"Probably" Harley laughs a little.

"You know, we'll be fine. At school I mean. You have us and we have you." I say a little unsure if that is what he needed to hear.

"Yeah I know, thanks." He smiles a little.

"Should I send in Peter?" I ask him while walking out of his room.

"No, it's okay. I'll be out in a minute." He says.

"Okay."

-

I spent the rest of the day training with mum and hanging out with Peter.

Currently I'm sat in my room with Peter watching a tv show called Supernatural, we're currently in season 2, episode 16 and we're obsessed.

"I love this show so much" Peter says all of a sudden. I smile at him.

"Same Pete, same" we laugh a little and continue watching when mum calls us for dinner.

"Let's go get food!" Pete says and runs out of the room. I hear a faint 'hi Buck' and before I can walk out my door opens and there stands Bucky.

"Hey.." he says with a small smile on his face, "I haven't seen you much today"

"Hi" I walk towards him, "very true... Do you want to watch a movie after dinner?"

"Sure!" he says a smile evident on both our faces. He grabs my hand and squeezes it a little, meanwhile he plants a kiss on the top of my head.

We walk towards the kitchen, hands intertwined and a smile on both of our faces.

"Whoever cooked it smells amazing!" I say while sitting down next to Sam and an empty chair. Bucky follows and sits down on the empty seat next to me.

-

Today is the first day, since we got rescued from Hydra, that I'm sleeping in my own bed. The past month I just couldn't, the thought of being alone scared me so much. I have never really been alone except for four times. Those times bad things happened, but let's not get into that.

"Hey Soph, are you going to be okay in here tonight?" Bucky asks, standing in my doorway.

"Yeah I think I'll be fine" I send him an unsure smile.

"Okay but don't hesitate to come get me if you need someone" he says walking towards me and hugging me.

I hug him back and nod. He plants a kiss on my head and exits my room. When my door closes I change into my pyjamas and get into bed. It takes me about thirty minutes to fall asleep, as soon as I fall into a deep slumber I end up having a nightmare.

-

Trigger warning // nightmares, torture

I feel a sharp slap to my cheek and a throbbing pain in my leg, where the man had broken it.

"How did you calm down the winter soldier" he screams in my face, "no one should be able to do that, we programmed him to do everything we say without hesitation. YOU MADE HIM HESITATE."

As he yells that I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, I eye my shoulder and see a knife piercing it.

When a single tear falls down my face he smirks. He pulls on the rope around my wrists so they are close to drawing blood. He raises his hand to hit me again and I flinch.

"At least you know who's boss" he smirks and before I can even begin to try anything he does something. By now I am terrified and am mentally begging him not to do it. I am mentally begging him to let me go, go back to Peter.

'Please let me go' is the only thought running around in my head.

'Please'