Chapter 8

I slowly awaken to the sound of voices, I however don't open my eyes yet. Bucky's arm, which is around my torso, tightens a bit as if to let me know he noticed I'm awake. I recognise the voices as they belong to Harley and Peter. My eyes slowly open.

"Hey doll, you have a good nap?" Bucky looks me in the eyes when I move to sit up a bit more.

"Yeah, you're a very comfortable pillow" I say, a small chuckle escaping my lips. I turn my head to look at him and see a small smirk playing on his face.

"Oh am I now" He says in a teasing tone and lets out a small chuckle.

"Definitely" He places a kiss on my forehead and I turn to look at my twin and his... boyfriend? I don't know what they are yet.

"Hey Pete. Harls." They look up at my voice and send me smile.

"Hey Soph, you okay?" Peter asks while getting up and sitting down next to me so he can hug me.

I hug him back and a small tear rolls down my cheek. As if on cue he hugs me tighter and whispers into my ear that everything will be okay. I nod and pull away from the hug. I get up from my seat on the sofa and walk to the kitchen. When I get to the kitchen I make myself a coffee. I lean against the counter, take a sip and close my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I sigh and open my eyes. I see Bucky standing in front of me a look of concern flashing through is eyes.

"I wish people would stop asking me that." I sigh and take another sip of my coffee.

"I'm sorry, I know it's annoying. I just don't like seeing you sad and I don't know how to help you." He looks down to his feet. I put my mug of coffee on the counter and walk towards him.

"The fact you are here already helps me. You take my mind off of everything by just cuddling with me. I'm sorry I reacted like that, I know you only ask because you care." I tilt his head up so he's now looking at me and I send him a smile.

"I really do care, so much. I wouldn't know what I'd do without you." He places a hand on my cheek and I lean my head into his hand. He smiles at me.

"You are the best" I say and he shakes his head.

"No, doll, you are." His lips make contact with mine. I move my hands around his neck and a few seconds later I pull away. Our foreheads are touching and our breaths are fanning each other's lips.

-

"Your birthday is in three days." Bucky says while playing with my hair. I am currently laying beside him on his bed, with my head on his chest.

"I know, it feels weird to be home on my birthday." I say, honesty noticeable in my voice.

"I get that, but I'm sure it's going to be great. I mean, you have a whole family ready to celebrate your birthday." He says, smiling.

"I had a family ready to celebrate it back at Hydra too. I had you, Harls, Em and Peter," I sit up a bit so I can look him in the eyes, "That was all I needed back there."

"I know. However, isn't it nice to have more people who care about you to celebrate your birthday with?" He kisses the top of my head.

"You're right, it is." I smile and lay back down. He continues playing with my hair and I am about to fall asleep. I am however awoken by none other than my lovely twin brother barging into Bucky's room.

"Hey guys, mum sent me to let you know dinner was ready. She also told me to tell you that if you're not ready to see everyone that's okay and we'll save you guys some food." He smiles and leaves the room again. Bucky and I look at each other and burst out laughing.