Three

Camila's POV

A tall figure stands in the doorway. Bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks are the first thing I see. Ashton immediately pulls him in and gives him a hug.

Michael and Calum join this hug quickly. The boy just sits there with a hand clutched to his chest. The boys get up and notice the blood coming from the sleeve of his jacket. Ashton slides his sleeve up revealing the hundreds of cuts.

I gasp and run to find the first aid kit. The boys back away as I drop down to meet eyes with this boy. The tears streaming down his cheeks make me want to cry.

I take the warm cloth and wipe away the blood making him tense up and cry a little more.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart," I say as I grab his hand. When I grab his hand he almost looks confused. The boys' jaws are dropped. I just grabbed his hand? Did I do something wrong?

I wrap his arm up with bandages and check his other wrist. There are a lot of scars. "Oh my gosh," I say as I look up at him. His gaze drops to his feet. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close.

His arms wrap around me and he cries into my shoulder. I run my fingers through the back of his hair which makes the boys gasp.

"Luke, why?" Calum asks with a wall of tears in his eyes.

Luke. This is who they were talking about.

He just shrugs his shoulders.

"We care, bud." The boys all say.

"I care, sweetheart," I whisper to him. He pulls me closer to him as if he needs me. He doesn't even know who I am but here we are hugging.

I place a hand on his back which makes him jump. I move my hand down and notice that his shirt is stained with blood.

He pulls away from our hug and looks at the boys.

"My dad." He mumbles.

They all immediately hug him.

"What did he do this time?" Calum says.

"Can I show you?" Luke asks.

We all nod and Luke pulls of his shirt revealing his bruised and cut back. I place a hand over my mouth. This poor boy.

"Can I clean this up, Luke?" I ask.

He hesitantly nods.

He lays on his stomach. I get another wet cloth and clean his back. I put bandages on him and I make Michael get some ice.

After I get done, Luke sits up and looks at me.

"I'm Luke."

"I'm Camila."

He smiles a little and I can tell he's truly sad. His eyes say it all.

"Can we please watch a movie?" Ashton says.

"Yes!" Michael chants.

"Luke just make yourself comfortable," Michael says messing up his perfectly styled quiff.

"I can't thank you guys enough." Luke says.

"My sister always loves to help," Michael says.

"You remind me of Michael's mother," he says to me.

"You do remind me of my mom," Michael says with a little smile.

All I can do is smile because I know how great of a lady she was. It's an honor to be compared to her.

As the day of us eating and talking goes on, it gets late. Luke had decided to lay his head across my legs. I played with his hair until I heard light snores escaping his lips.

"You're so caring for everyone," Calum says.

"I try to be. When I saw the cuts on him I had to help. I know what he's going through," I say holding up my wrist.

I had cut a few years back. Michael had helped me out of it. This is why he's my favorite person in the universe.

Luke's snoring became extremely loud. It must be a boy thing. I rubbed his back which somehow made his snoring a little quieter.

I look at his damaged back and wonder if his dad has always been like this to him. Why didn't he leave?

I can't stay up and worry so I decide to go to sleep.

Luke's POV

"You are a disgrace to everyone." A huge shadow figure screams at a little blonde headed boy. Me. I do something brave. I slap his face. My own father. He punches my nose making me fall to the ground. A girly shadow walks in and screams "Luke! Luke, wake up!"

"Luke! Honey, what's wrong?" I open my eyes to see Camila kneeled down in front of me and the boys all looking at me.

There are tears running down my face. "You were screaming, sweetie. What's wrong?" Camila says as she places her hand on my cheek. I sit up and they all hug me. Except Calum. He sits in my lap like the goob he is.

"Just a bad dream," I say the as guys mess up my hair and head back to their spots. Camila still has her arms wrapped around me. Her face is in my chest.

"Hey Camila?" I say.

"Yes?" She says as she looks up at me.

"I'm actually pretty scared." I say shyly.

"I'll be right back!" She says.

She comes back with a few blankets in her arms. She covers up Michael, Calum, and Ashton. Then she heads towards me and plops down right next to me.

She throws a blanket over our bodies and she opens her arms. I lean in and wrap my arms around her. She rubs my back. When we pull away, she grabs my hands and rolls up her sleeves.

Scars are scattered over her wrists. She's been in the same position I am in.

"I understand how you feel." She states.

I rub my fingers over her scars like a curious child. I'm so shocked that a girl like her was breaking.