Ten

I helped Luke tie his tie around his neck. My plain black dress was nothing special but I didn't care. I hadn't slept well in three days. I can't do much of anything.

Luke comes behind me and wraps his arms around me. I turn around to him and bury my face in his chest. He kisses the top of my head.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Same as usual. I'm actually kinda nervous," I say.

"Don't be nervous. I'll be right by your side. I'll be here for you the whole way," he says.

"Thank you, Luke." I say as I give him a hug and kiss him.

"It's time to go guys," Sierra says. We all walk to Mimi's car and drive to the funeral. Michael hasn't said a word the whole time. He's just lied in Sierra's arms and cried the whole time. I can't blame him though.

We get to the place I've been dreading for a while. We walk in to a huge crowd of my family and my dad's friends. Tears began to roll down my cheeks. Luke's grip on my waist became tighter.

I wanted to see my dad so Michael and I walked up there. He was lying there with his eyes shut. He looked peaceful. Michael grabbed my hand which made me look up to see tears streaming down his face.

I wiped his tears away and wrapped my arms around his waist. We both cry really hard. I notice the whole place drops silent as everyone listens to us cry.

I feel my cheeks get hot as I grab Michael's hand and walk back to our seats. I sit between Michael and Luke. Luke grabs my other hand as soon as I sit down.

I give Michael a kiss on the cheek. Sierra smiles at me as she notices my efforts to comfort him. He squeezes my hand a little bit so he does notice us.

Luke drapes his arm over my shoulder so I lean on him. A man comes out to speak. He says stuff about my dad that everyone knew. He said stuff that people had already told me.

I didn't really listen. I just thought of the memories we had together. When he first adopted me, he gave me a huge hug. I'll never forget that. Every Valentine's Day, he bought me flowers.

I guess his time was up. He definitely left a mark on the world. I'm happy that he could rest peacefully. He had no worries in the world.

After the service, we stayed by his grave and sat for a while. There were hundreds of beautiful flowers over him. It made me happy that my father was so loved. Michael still hasn't managed to say anything.

We walked to the car as the sun began to set. Sierra kissed Michael's jaw which made him wrap her in a hug. This is the most he has moved all day. Luke has had his arm around me all day. I'm glad he's here with me.

We drove home in silence. Everyone was thinking. Today has been a long day but things will get better. I will miss my dad.

We got to my house and we all jumped out and ran to our rooms. Luke and Sierra stayed downstairs for a moment to get their things organized. I changed out of my dress and into some sweats and one of Luke's shirts.

As soon as I finished changing, there was a light knock on my door. Luke poked his head in and asked, "can I come in?"

"Come on in," I say as I flash him a smile.

"You look good in my clothes," he says.

"I love wearing your stuff. Clothes are so much better when they're not your own. Especially when their your um-" I say. I don't know what to call Luke. He's not officially my boyfriend.

"When their your what?" He asks as he sits down on the bed.

"Luke, what are we?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"I'd like to make you my girlfriend," he says.

"Why don't you?" I ask.

"I just want you to trust me again. I'm a bipolar mess. I'm broke and jobless which means I can't buy you the beautiful things you deserve or take you on nice dates," he says.

"Cost means nothing to me. Gifts don't mean anything to me. What's inside you and how you treat me is what matters to me," I say.

"But you deserve so much, Princess," he says.

"I don't need tons of gifts or material things, Luke."

"You're truly the best, Camila."

Luke pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

"Could I ask you something?" Luke says.

"Anything."

"Would you uh- will you be my girlfriend?" He asks with a stutter.

"I would love to, Luke."

A smile spreads across my face as my cheeks get hot. I grab Luke's face and kiss him passionately. I'm so glad Luke is mine now.

"Let's cuddle!" I say. Luke wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me down next to him so my head is resting on his chest. I wrap my arms around him. Luke pulls me in for a kiss.

"I love you, Camila."

"I love you too, Luke."

I shut my eyes and relax as Luke twirls some of my hair around his fingers. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted. Just as I'm about to go to sleep, Luke whispers, "goodnight Princess," in my ear. I'm too tired to respond so I just wrap my arms tighter around him.

-----

Luke's POV

I heard Camila whimpering in her sleep. I woke up and looked down to see tears rolling down her cheeks. I pulled her into my lap and cradled her in my arms.

"Camila, are you alright?" I say trying to wake her up. She's shaking and crying pretty hard.

"Shh, shh. Don't cry I'm right here. I've got you," I say as I notice her eyes flutter open. She grips some of the fabric on my shirt as she cries into it. I guess she had a bad dream.

I tighten my arms around her so she is really close to me. I wipe the tears off of her face and begin to run my fingers through her hair. She closes her eyes again but before she goes to sleep, she whispers "I love you."

"I love you too, Princess."

I hold her so close to me. She's had a rough day. She was so happy that I asked her to be my girlfriend. She's been trying to do stuff to keep her dad off of her mind to make her happy. Maybe she just thought about him.

I get sleepy so I lay back down with Camila on top of me. I just realized how little she is. She's adorable.