Six

Luke was screaming in his sleep. I shook him awake. He was scared of me. He hit me.

Here I am, helplessly crying in my own bathroom. I have to call someone for help. But who?

Just then, a drunk Luke walks in.

"How long have you been in here?" He says.

"Six hours," I state blankly.

He slaps my cheek.

"Drop the attitude." He says.

I cry and cry. Luke was just a helpless boy 12 hours ago. Now he's a monster.

Maybe this was part of his plan.

He stomps out. I slam the door and lock it behind me. I dial the first person I could think of. Michael.

"What?" Michael answers.

"Please help me," I whisper into the phone.

"Are you crying? Where are you?" He asks.

"Yes, my bathroom. Please hurry," I say.

"On my way," he says.

Less than five minutes later, Michael busts through my bathroom door with a baseball bat in his hand.

"Oh my god," he says as he drops down in front of me.

"He did this?" Michael questions.

"I don't want to believe he did," I cry to him.

"He's blacked out on the couch. Let me get you out of here," he says.

He picks me up and carries me out of the bathroom. I grab a few important things and I leave.

Michael and I get in his car. The whole ride is silent. It's very uncomfortable. I'm glad he came to my rescue though.

We walk to his apartment, he opens the door revealing Ashton and Calum watching TV. They look up and gasp. They run up to me and hug me.

My muscles ache so bad but their hugs feel safe.

"I knew it would happen," Ashton says.

"What?" I ask.

"Luke. He's severely bipolar. He's been diagnosed and everything," Calum says.

"Oh my gosh," I begin to cry.

"Since you cleaned up my busted lip, I'm going to clean you up," Calum says.

I sit down on the couch as Calum wipes the blood from my face.

"Oh god, Michael look," he says.

Michael comes over and looks at my cheek. He runs his finger over it. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

"I can't believe I just left that night, I should have proved something to you," Michael says.

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you," I say.

Michael backs up to look at my cheek again.

"I'm going to kill him," he says.

"Me too," Calum says.

"Me three," Ashton chimes in from the kitchen.

Ashton walks back in with a bowl of ice cream in his hands. He hands it to me and sits down next to me.

"Ice cream fixes all problems," he smiles.

I smile and place my head on his shoulder.

"Can we please get you a new shirt?" Calum says.

I look down to see my blood covered shirt. Ashton throws a shirt and sweats from the laundry pile.

I go to the bathroom and change. I look in the mirror and what looks back scares me.

My eyes are black and bloodshot. Almost my whole face is bruised. My lips are busted. I don't even look the same.

I cry. I also do something I regret. I break a razor in the bathroom and glide the blade over my wrist. Calum decides to walk in, I try to hide it but it's too late.

"Camila," Calum says as he sits down on the floor next to me and hugs me.

He takes the blade out of my hand and flushes it down the toilet. He places a bandaid over my cut. He sits in the floor and holds me.

"I know it's rough right now. You are safe now though. We will protect you. I will protect you," he whispers.

My thoughts are all on Luke. He just beat me but I cannot stop thinking about our slow dances and kisses.

"Calum, why did he hit me?" I ask.

"I don't know, baby girl. What do you remember before?" He asks.

"He just screamed in his sleep and I woke him up," I say.

"And he got scared," he finishes.

"Has it happened before?" I ask.

"Twice. He must not be taking his medicine," Calum says.

"I've never seen him take medicine," I say.

"That's why this happened. He will become angry. He won't even remember this happened, it's like a different person comes out of Luke," Calum says.