Eight

It has snowed so much in just one day. Ashton and Luke decided to walk me home. We almost froze!

I'm not prepared to see what my house looks like. Luke probably wrecked it while he was angry. I'm just glad I can walk next to him and not be scared.

He grabs my hand which makes me smile.

"Aw can I take a picture of you guys? You all look so cuddly!" Ashton says.

"Yeah!" I say.

Ashton backs up with his iPhone.

"Okay, act like you love each other!" He laughs.

Luke wraps his arms around my waist and I hold mine up.

"What a sweet picture!" Ashton says.

"Aw!" I squeal.

"Send that to me!" Luke says.

A few seconds later our phones ding. I set the picture as my lock screen. So does Luke. We jog to the apartment building.

We quickly head to my room and run inside.

"It's so cold out there," Ashton says.

I don't respond because I'm too busy looking at my apartment. It's clean.

"Are you glad to be home?" Luke giggles.

"Yeah. And it's clean," I say.

"I came back and cleaned it, sorry for wrecking it," he says as he looks down at his feet.

I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face in his chest.

"Sit down, guys. I'll make some hot chocolate!" I say.

I head to the kitchen and pull out two packs for hot chocolate. I put them in the coffee maker. Now all I have to do is wait.

"Don't you ever hurt her again," Ashton says.

They must be chatting in there.

"I won't, I promise," Luke says.

The hot chocolate finishes so I pour it into three mugs and top them with marshmallows. I head back to the living room.

"Thanks Cam," Ashton says as I hand him his mug. I ruffle his curls and smile.

I hand Luke his mug and then I sit down.

"Thanks, Princess," he says.

"Ooooh, Princess!" Ashton teases.

"She's a princess!" Luke laughs.

"That's sweet," Ashton says.

I blush a little.

"Luke can be sweet once in a while," I tease. I get poked in the sides in return.

A timer goes off on Luke's phone.

"I'll be back," he says.

He leaves the room and goes to the kitchen.

"He's taking his medicine," Ashton whispers. I nod. The fact that a pill helps Luke stay himself is crazy.

Luke heads back into the living room.

"Oh shoot! I have a date in an hour! I'll talk to you guys later," Ashton says as he leaves.

"That was sudden," I say. Luke laughs and puts an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm glad it can be just us now," he says.

"Me too," I say as I rest my head in the crook of his shoulder.

"You are so great, Camila," Luke says.

"I mean, you're so brave and strong. You forgave me when you shouldn't have," he says.

"You do that for people you love," I say which makes his cheeks flush red.

"You love me?" He asks.

"Yes, I love you with all my heart," I say.

"I love you so much more than you'll ever know," Luke says as he presses a kiss to the top of my head.

"I'm cold," I say. Luke giggles and reaches for a blanket. He puts it over our bodies.

"I want to cuddle," I say.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes," I say confidently.

Luke quickly pulls me into his lap and holds me tight. I snuggle my face into the crook of his neck.

"I've missed this," Luke says.

"Luke, can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Of course, sweetheart. What is it?"

"I cut."

"Show me," he says.

I roll up my sleeve and reveal the cut I had made.

"Oh, babe," Luke says with tears in his eyes. "I caused that," he trails off.

I can't deny it because he did.

"Please don't cry," I say as I wrap him in a hug.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I caused this. I made things difficult," he says as tears rush down his cheeks.

"Sometimes things do get rough. Every friendship or relationship has problems at some point. Plus, everyone makes mistakes," I say.

"I made a huge mistake though," he says.

"Well, I give you a second chance," I say as I kiss his cheek.

"You are truly the best," he says.

I smile and return to my previous spot. Luke does deserve a second chance. I'm glad I'm giving him one.