Chapter 11

Jimin and I were busy in discussing about the special classes and counting the number of days left for us to study in this school.

"Students, I don't want to take much of our time, so come in roll number order and get your admit cards."

We looked at Mr. Kim having some cards in his hand.

So that's it.

The finals are going to come very soon.

When I received my card, I looked at the photo only to get shocked.

I looked like a person who would put up on the wanted list. I blamed the cameraman, If I could recall what happened that day,

"Students they are going to take photo for your admit cards, come in roll number order."  Mr. Kim Namjoon asked us to stand in line.

When it was my turn, I was about to smile but the camera man clicked before.

"Sir, I didn't smile at all, please take another photo" I asked him.

"You look good." he said and told me to move.

I trusted his words. Damn that cameraman.

That was our last working day in our school. But I was not sad because I can see Jungkook during study holidays.

"Jinnie, you got ready for finals?" I looked at Jimin who was busy in looking at the photo to make sure it was him.

"I am not sure, Minnie. But we have time before every exams. That's more than enough."

Since we had been writing exams for the past eight months, I learned things and I had more time to prepare for my exams.

Our special class were also stopped since we need to study for other exams. And here I thought I could see Jungkook. But to my luck classes were stopped and schools were closed. I spent my time in my home while preparing for the exams.

The time ran fast making me to study hard. I was thankful to my parents who always helped me and motivated me whenever I got fed up.

On our first day exam we were asked to come early, so that we could relax ourselves and not be in a hurry.

I made sure that I saw Jungkook before moving to exam hall. He was busy in going through his notes with his friends and never did he looked up to see me.

What else could I expect?

I was sitting on the stairs with a book, for the teacher's satisfaction, and glancing at Jungkook who was seated on the ground turning pages and talking with his friends.

I never liked to study in school, I made sure that I prepared at home thoroughly, so I could see Jungkook without disturbances.

The time ran fast and bell rang. I saw Jungkook before leaving for the exam and wished him luck in my mind.

Soon we were asked to go to our respective halls. It was a descriptive paper for me, and I made sure I had atleast two pens in hand.I was in the exam hall, the room was kind of weird because it was dead silence, I hate silence.

After finishing my exams, I would have a little chat with Jimin and would run away. To avoid discussions, I went to back gate of our school and took a long walk to reach my dad, who was waiting for me. He was picking me after school.

I never stayed to discuss about answers after the exam. I hate people who does that. So I always left the place quickly.

The exam which I found difficult was Chemistry. Like my cher said I practiced sums in mathematics before the exam. I found easy to write Mathematics. But the chemical formulas and equations confused me a lot in the exam. Many students were worrying that Chemistry paper was tough.

It would really be a miracle if I passed in that exam.

Days passed, I couldn't see Jungkook more during exams. I felt that there was a gap created between Jungkook and I. I was not able to see him whenever I wanted to.

That was the final exam and the last day in our school.

After finishing my exams I stayed late to meet Jimin. I waved my hands when I saw Minnie walking happily while doing little dance steps.

"Hey Jinnie, how did you do?" He asked while keeping her question paper in her bag.

"Good , you?"

"Not bad, so this is it," Jimin sighed by looking at the classroom. I wandered my eyes over the school corridor only to leave a heavy sigh.

We were no more school students!

"I will definitely miss you," I smiled while hearing his confession. That's true. We didn't know what we are going to choose majors in college.

"We will see again when we come to get our certificates." I said and saw the cute pout he had on his lips.

"I wish we had more time."

I knew what he meant but I decided not to make him emotional.

"So how are you going?" I asked to distract him.

"My mother is picking me up, I should probably go, she will be waiting. Bye Jinnie." We kissed on cheeks and hugged tightly before waving my hands for him.

I looked at my school for one last time. This place was fully filled with memories of Jungkook, and Jimin. The place where I chased a boy like a crazy woman, the place that taught me the value of friendship, and the place that taught me about love.

Jimin and I never cried. We knew we would meet every day after school. We may choose different colleges but we made a promise to stay together no matter what.

My dad came to pick me up and I was sad that I was leaving the school without seeing Jungkook for one last time. I searched most of the classrooms, food court, corridor and the parking area.

But to my luck I couldn't find him. It was so unlike him because he never leaves early.

When I stepped out of the school I saw my father waiting for me. I sat on the motorbike and adjusted my tie and was about to leave. I looked up only to get froze in that spot.

And that's when I saw him.

The uncombed hair, two unbuttoned shirt, and a bunny smile plastered face, who was walking towards me from the opposite direction with his friends. I literally want to get down from the bike but I couldn't. Now that I saw him I was so happy and like usual he just walked passed without noticing me to his side.

My father rode the bike, I turned back with a hope that he would look back but as usual he never did.

The End.

---

PRESENT TIME (2021)

Well that was the end of my school story. I had a tragic one sided love story ending right?

I was always thankful to Jungkook.  Had I not seen him in school, I would not have improved my studies and my personality.

I completed my story and was ready to switch off my laptop. Suddenly my phone rang.

"Hello" I said in a soft voice.

"Hello, Jinnie? You free tonight?, Shall I come home?" Asked the person at the other end.

"No, I am supposed to discuss my story with my new agency which my uncle recommended." I said with a heavy sigh.

"You completed? Great then treat me when you are finished." Said the caller.

"Yeah sure, I am gonna get some sleep, see you later." I hung up the phone after giving some kisses.

You might have confusions whether the caller was my boyfriend, or someone.

Well, I had been in relationships but it didn't workout. Now the caller was my best friend Park Jimin, my school friend.

Tomorrow was the D-Day. My uncle introduced me a publishing agency and asked me to visit them for publishing my book. So I decided to get some sleep before the big day.