III

-

how does paris sound?

-

"where are we even headed to?" you asked as you turned to face the brunette on the driver's side of her car. however, your eyes immediately went wide when you realized she was currently pulling her top off in an attempt to change into something less formal than that of what she was wearing a few minutes back. "what the hell? focus on the road, idiot! you're fucking driving!"

she only chuckled amusedly at you as she pulled her shirt down and finally rested her hands back on the steering wheel.

"relax, the road isn't even packed at this hour of the night." she laughed. you only rolled your eyes as you looked outside the window. "anyway, how does paris sound?"

the statement caused you to immediately snap your gaze towards the laughing brunette's direction.

"haha, very funny." you retorted sarcastically, but she only shrugged her shoulders, not even bothering to glance back at you. "wait, you're actually serious?"

"that's why i'm driving us to the airport, right?" she sent you a lopsided smirk.

"no way!" you choked out, feeling your heart race erratically inside your chest. "my parents are going to murder me when we get back."

"then let's live there together. i don't mind." the brunette chuckled once again, glancing at you for a second before immediately turning towards the road again. "come on, what's life without bended rules, princess?"

you were lost for words.

"i..." trailing off, you bit your lip lightly. "i don't know."

"figured." the brunette mumbled back just as softly, which caused you to turn towards her again. "you're a rich girl. you grew up living the perfect life, even if you didn't want to. so you have to live by the rules revolving around your perfect little world." she shook her head, that silly lopsided smirk still plastered on her face. "you're just like me. at least, like i used to be." glancing towards you once again, her smile now turned more sincere rather than goofy, and you felt those damned butterflies going wild inside your stomach once again. "you've played by the book for a good eighteen years now, park chaeyoung. it's time to loosen up a bit." she said, sending you a wink as she pulled over and immediately went out of the car to open door of the passenger's side for you.

well, maybe it's not actually you who's that good at seeing right through people.

-