S2E8 (Raving)

"What's he doing here?" Scott asked Derek as he opened the door to the animal clinic. The alpha walked in with Isaac, who shot me a wink and his signature smirk.

"I need him." Derek said bluntly.

"I don't trust him." Scott said, eying the Lahey boy.

"Yeah well, he doesn't trust you either." He said, talking about himself in third person.

"And Derek really doesn't care." Derek said, turning to Scott. "Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?"

"That depends."

The four of us turned our heads to see Scott's boss, standing in the doorframe of the examination room.

"You're friend Jackson.." Deaton questioned. "Are we planning to kill him, or save him?"

"Save him."
"Kill him."

Scott and Derek looked at each other not having realized they weren't on the same page. I looked at Isaac, confused. I thought the point of working together was so that we would do this Scott's way. Isaac just shrugged.

"Save him." Scott repeated. The stubborn alpha sighed and the two werewolves looked back at Deaton.

He led us into the exam room and we stood around the cold metal table. We observed the vet search through his cabinets and pull out a rack of herbs. He brought it over to the table and set it down.

Isaac reached out to touch one of them but Derek quickly grabbed his arm and forced it to his side.

"Watch what you touch." Derek warned harshly.

I noticed the bottles had weird symbols on them. I couldn't tell if they were Greek or Celtic or something else.

"So." Isaac said, putting his elbows on the examination table. "What are you? Some kind of.. witch?"

Deaton looked up from one of the bottles he was holding and looked at Isaac.

"No." He said. "I'm a veterinarian."

He put down the bottle and sighed, looking at the four of us.

"Unfortunately I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." Derek said.

"What about an effective offense?" I asked, cutting Derek off.

"We already tried." Derek said, looking at Deaton. "I nearly took its head off. And argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked, confused.

"One." I said, thinking about the night stiles and I were trapped in the pool. "It can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

"No." Scott answered. "He's the captain of the swim team."

"Essentially you're trying to catch two people." The vet told us. He walked over to one of his drawers and pulled something out of it. He turned back to us and held a pendant out in front of his face so we could see.