Nightmare

Warning: There will be a panic attack and little bit of self harm

Seraphina laid on her back on the purple couch in John's living room as she stared unblinkingly at the ceiling above. Her long magenta hair extensions had been taken out and neatly set aside on the coffee table in front of the couch, so her actual highlighted magenta hair barely reached her shoulders. She had been starting to grow it out.

The young female's thoughts slowly drifted towards John as she tucked an arm under her head and flipped over to her side.

She was worried about him.

 When she had decided to stay the night, he had tried insisting as usual to sleep by her in a sleeping bag on the floor. Normally, she would let him because she enjoyed his company and the comforting presence of him sleeping near her, but tonight she insisted that he didn't.

It wasn't because she didn't want him near her, it was because she had started to notice that he was clearly suffering from sleep deprivation. She noticed how sluggishly he moved at school, and how he was starting to sport darkening eye bags under his eyes that were beginning to rival doc's. Not to mention he had nodded off too many times in class to count, and had even nodded off while she was trying to help him with his homework.

He absolutely sucked at academics and it took him a long time to get the work right, but he had never really nearly fallen asleep before while she was trying to teach him the material.

Seraphina sighed as she closed her eyes and thought about what had happened earlier that night.

Her and John had already changed into their sleepwear, and they were preparing to clock in for the night after goofing around and playing games on their phones for a bit. John was wearing a black t-shirt matched with black sweatpants, while Seraphina herself was wearing a long-sleeved light blue shirt with some light pink pajama shorts. After setting up the couch with a fluffy white pillow and some soft blankets, and teasing John about how much he loved the color black, seeing as he was dressed head to toe in it, John decided that he would go and grab the large dark grey sleeping bag from the closet in his room.

"Wait, John!" She called out to the ravenette as he started making his way towards his room.

"Huh? Is something wrong?" The young male asked as he halted in his tracks towards his bedroom and turned around to face her.

"John...I don't think you should sleep out here tonight." Seraphina almost completely took back her words as hurt shone clear as day in his golden eyes, but she had to stay strong. This was for the sake of John getting some well needed sleep.

"Why not?" He asked confusedly, but she could hear his hurt lacing into his voice.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before continuing. It may sound stupid to anyone else, but she really did enjoy waking up every morning to see him peacefully sleeping on the ground beside her. She loved leaning slightly forward off the couch to poke his nose and watch him cutely scrunch it up in his sleep before his facial expression would return to its normal relaxed state, and she would do it again.

But this wasn't going to happen tonight. John needed to sleep in his own bed without anyone near or beside him to distract him from getting the best possible rest he could. She didn't want him to get sick or collapse from his major lack of sleep.

"You need to sleep in your own bed tonight." Seraphina stated firmly.

"Wha-? But I can sleep fine on the floor!"

"John, I don't know anyone who sleeps well on the floor. You need sleep! I can see how tired you've been! Heck, you're starting to look like Doc with those eye bags. She half joked, trying to lighten the mood while closing the small distance between them.