Tired Beginnings

CHAPTER ONE

A/N Italics are thoughts

One serene morning there was hustling and bustling within the confines of the celestial palace of the golden phoenix clan.

As per the mandate set out by millennia of tradition, the son of
king Azreal and queen Artemis, rulers of the celestial realm and sub space, was sent out to face the trials of the flame for 100 years in order to earn his right to join the ranks of aristocrats as the rightful prince and heir to the throne.

After facing the dangers and perils that the trials had to offer he returned victoriously and the ceremony to publicly announce his glorious return and officially name him prince, to be followed closely by a banquet where in the realm’s finest confections would be served as well as the congregation of thee most important beings alive, was underway and preparations had begun.

Given that currently there was only just over one more week until the first full eclipse of the year, which was when it was to be held, to say there was pandemonium would be an understatement and the list of tasks to complete before the grand day seemed endless.

Along the corridors the soon to be prince of the flame Lazerus walked, closely followed by an entourage consisting of officials from the court of owls visiting the palace on diplomatic duties in preparation for the upcoming summit of the higher society, organisers all asking about colour codes, seating and catering
and not too far behind, security personnel.

The small gaggle followed his every move and spent entire days attempting to receive an audience with the ragged and frankly tired prince.

All he had done for days had been organizing the ceremony and banquet followed by pretending to smile while networking during the various political get-togethers his father had organized in addition to making appearances in the nearby villages to earn good favour and he had barely had enough time to sleep let alone time for some alone time, it was really
beginning to take its toll on him.

Having reached his limit he stopped causing everyone to look around confused and spun on his heel to face the small crowd behind him with an annoyed and tired facial expression.

“Enough…Just” he wearily said while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

“I will attend to any and all matters and or concerns you may have tomorrow, you are all hereby dismissed.”

As he started to walk away a particularly chubby official spluttered without thought.

“Sire! Please! I must insist that-”

but he was swiftly silenced by the look of rage and annoyance portrayed on his superior’s face and the saturated purple his eyes had become in the split second it had taken for him to whip around.

He stared him down and once he was certain that his instructions would
be adhered to by the stunned crowd and that a certain official wouldn’t dare defy his orders again, he lazily motioned to the security personnel that they were dismissed and could be
dispersed into the average palace guard, he turned around, and left without another word.

Too tired for the shit that was happening all around him.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
A/N Hello beautiful people. This is the first chapter of my first book so let me know if I made any mistakes.
Have a wonderful day ~~