Sorrow And Ballgowns

CHAPTER 5

The days that followed were surpisingly quiet with no interjections in meetings or weird love letters or kidnappings and the normal proceedings of the ever chaotic palace continued on without a problem.

Lazerus and his coordinaters had decided on the colour scheme being the traditional white and gold with blue here and there seeing as it was the favourite colour of the prince to be and everyone agreed that it paired well with not only the theme and
dress code but that it added personality to this already auspicious occasion.

It was the Thursday of that week there being only 8 days left before his coronation and Lazerus had the ballroom filled with performers and attendees in order to rehearse the intricate rendition of the classical waltz, appropriately named the prancing foal, that they would be performing on the day but one of the key members and Lazerus' best friend Salvatore was nowhere to be seen.

Despite Salvatore being a hydra and their families being far from closely related they were near inseparable and his "other half", as his mother would say, had agreed to help motivate and cheer him on in the entire ordeal knowing full well that he wasn't exactly the best dancer and too wasn't keen on displaying his poor skills for all of his future subjects and potential consort to see.

He also just didn't like the premise of the dance.

Just as his coronation was to publicly announce his new found position as prince of the flames the purpose of the dance was a chance for all interested parties to stake their claim and show their interest in becoming potential suitors and showcase their
dancing capabilities and graceful movements.

All according to the ancient saying of his people. As it once said, "The only individual capable of dominating your thoughts, exciting your senses and captivating you with the simplest motion is the one whom that you are destined to be with by the will of the moon goddess"

In all fairness Lazerus thought that it was bullshit. As a phoenix he was a deity himself and he didn't go around pairing random people together, granted he hadn't been around that long and might try it if he got unbelievably bored just to fuck with the humans but he couldn't be bothered and it wasn't his job anyway.

Although that was a wise choice on the part of fate and the forces responsible for assigning his purpose considering his horrible track record and failed past relationships.

Deep in thought and slightly unaware of his surroundings he felt himself collide with something and looked down to see a frazzled and disheveled Sercy, Salvatore's twin sister, she looked worried and skittish and scrabbled to her feet completely ignoring the hand he had offered and didn't seem to hear his numerous apologies in favour of frantically looking around as if searching for something.

She started to hyperventilate and her body became racked with shivers as she began shaking uncontrollably and her eyes welled up with tears and a weird sound escaped her lips inbetween incoherent mumbling and nail biting.

Oh shit she's having a panic attack.

Lazerus pulled her into a hug and began stroking her hair shushing her gently, tightening his grip around her, letting her know that he was there.

When the weird noises stopped and she was relatively silent he took a step back and knelt down to her level and looked at her tear streaked face and right into her now electric blue eyes and smiled reassuringly.

"Shhh Sercy I need you to breathe for me, please, Sercy look at me, breathe"

She gave a few shaky breaths which were honestly an improvement from the hyperventilating.