Ch. 1~ The Sleeping Souls Awake

Five years...five years and counting, I thought this as I sat on the edge of a rocky slope. I sit here watching. I watch for Puppets, Copies, and, just me being hopeful, another human.  

My left leg swung off the side of the rocky while I rested my cheek on my right.  

I've lived in nothingness for five long years. Nothing has changed even I haven't changed. I have the appearance of an eighteen year old girl, and that's how old I was when I arrived here, but this place must stop certain things.  

"Cyle...Ed..." I heard a voice echoed off the rocks around me. Leaping off the rock, I hid behind it and readied the small blade that I wore on my left middle finger. Peeking out, I saw a girl with long brunette hair. Her head was tilted slightly back and she just wondered around. Slowly, I got up and moved closer to the girl.  

When I was next to her, I wave my right hand in front of her face.  

No reaction.  

"Cyle...Ed..." She called the names again. She turned her head an I saw that her eyes were once emerald but now the whole eye was now darkened and glazed over with, I think, sleep.  

"You're sleepwalking" I muttered.  

Gently, I grabbed her shoulders and pushed her down and let her rest against a rock. As for myself, I sat on the same rock as before and shouted, "I know this was your doing!"  

My voice echoed across the valley of dead, grey plants.  

"I know you did something to her, PuppetMaster!" 

** 

"What did you give up?" The blond boy questioned.  

"What?" I breathed.  

"When did you see the Gate?" He interrogated.  

"What gate?" I shouted the boy. I had to be older than him, by a year or two. Plus, I was taller. Not much but I was.  

"Brother, I don't think she knows what you're talking about" a large suit of armor spoke to the blond.  

"You know, you should listen to your older brother" the short blond's expression quickly changed from slightly calm to anger.  

"WHO YOU CALLING AN ANT SIZED PIPSQUEAK?!" Keeping a poker face, I gentle pushed the kid back from me and walk down the alley. As I walked, soldiers ran past me and to where I beat the killer they were all after.  

"Great job, Fullmetal" I heard one of the soldiers congratulate the boy.  

"Yeah, give the Dog of the Military the praise for my work" I muttered as I turned the corner and disappeared into the crowd.  

*~ 

"Great job, Fullmetal" a soldier said with a wide smile on his face.  

"Yeah...you're welcome..." I muttered as I started to go after the girl.  

I had the guy, really I did, but she just falls from the sky and starts beating the snot out of the guy along with using alchemy.  

"Brother, wait!" Al's voice filled my ears over the sound of the crowd. Turning, I saw the armor running towards me.  

"Where are you running off to now?" He asked.  

"The hell you think I'm going?! I'm going to find that girl!" I shouted and left him in the crowd.

Soon, it was night. As I ran, the people became less and the buildings turned into apartment buildings. Al must be getting worried. I started to turn back but than I heard something.