Ch. 7~ Other Worldly Doors

I blindly stepped over the threshold and fell through a floorless room.

~~

"Gotcha" a metallic voice suddenly spoke as I fell into metal arms. Opening my eyes, I saw I could see and that a suit of armor was holding me.

"Al, what the hell are you doing here?!" A voice called from up above. Looking up, I saw a boy with gold blond hair and a red coat.

"I followed you, of course! I couldn't let you hurt this girl and I'm glad I did, Brother! Why did you drop her from a building?" The two continued to argue while one thought ran through my mind.

"Why am I back in Amestris?" I spoke aloud. Quickly, I covered my mouth and looked at the two.

"What do you mean "back"? You never left" the boy said. I stared in shock at the boy.

"What do you mean? I fell into this grey, dead world with Cyle and this girl named KC and I went into the past when I met you again in my wor-"

"Will you kids keep it down? Some of us are trying to sleep!"

"Sorry, sir!" The armor, Al, called as the unseen man shuts his window while muttering under his breath.

"Bring her up her, Al" the boy called before disappearing. Al put me down and motioned to the fire escape.

"Ladies first"

*~

I sat shivering against the blue-green wall. First room just had to be on top of a mountain! Not only that, I had to spend three hours with the Yeti who just wanted to give me lemon flavored snow cones!

"Defrosting, are we?" A voice far to familiar spoke from somewhere within the hall.

"Shut up" I hissed.

"Oh, come now, KC! I thought you liked the snow?" He said in mock sympathy.

"Shut up" I repeated.

"Oh, that's right! You like the snow because it-"

"Shut the hell up!" I screamed. My face buried in my hands as I hit the back of my head against the wall.

"Hell, huh? Maybe I should show you hell" he whispered.

Suddenly, a sound came from far down the hall to my right. Slowly, I unveiled my fingers from my face and saw one end wall coming down the hall. It moved down from door to door at an alarming speed. Standing up, I bolted down the opposite way. Door after door passed as I ran.

"The only way to stop it is to choose a door" he voice was sly.

Closing my eyes, I plowed through a random door and found myself falling through the sky.

*~

"So, you're telling us that this started out as a dream and then you opened a door and fell back into this?" I nodded.

"That's bull! I saw you fall the whole way" Ed huffed.

"Same here" Al chimed in. I was now sitting on a only bench on the roof while Ed stood in front of while Al sat on the ground next to him.

"I have another question. Not that I'm glad to see you again, really I am but, why are you here?"

"See her again? Brother, just a few hours ago you were fighting with and asking who she was. How do you know her?" Al asked his brother. Ed looked at me with questioning look.

"Have at it, Roadkill. Don't know if he'll believe ya" I shrugged. He sighed and explained.

"Well...ya see...you remember when I was in the hospital? Just before Hughes...died," Al nodded, "and remember I didn't wake up for a long time? Well, I was in...another world"

"You mean that dream you told Winry and I about"

"I believed that in the beginning, that it was a dream. But somethings were just too real"

"Sorry to interrupt, but the way I got here was through a door while I was literally walking around blind. This man-"

"Fullmetal Alchemist, sir. Are you here?" A male voice called from the ground. Ed walked over the ledge.

"What?" He sounded very annoyed as called back.

"Colonel Mustang has requested you to report to Headquarters right away, Sir" the man repeated his commands. Ed groaned loudly.

"But it's four in the morning! What is he doing up this early, anyway?" He muttered aloud as he climbed down the fire escape with Al followed closely behind.

I looked behind me and over the ledge. Ed was walking away when he stopped mid stride. Turning around, looked back me in the eye.

"Well, aren't ya coming?"

I smiled and followed behind the brothers.

~~

"Fullmetal, I hope you know you have a stalker behind you" the dark haired and eyed man said even though he barely looked up at us.

"She's not a stalker! She's a friend!" Ed groaned.

"How many pretty girlfriends do you have, Fullmetal?" Mustang said jokingly but Ed went into a rage fit anyway.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP THE GIRLS I JUST SO HAPPEN TO BE FRIENDS WITH?!" He seemed as if he was going to rip Mustang apart.

"Calm down! Jeez, you don't know how to take joke!" He sighed before standing up and walking towards me, "My name is Lieutenant Colonel Roy Mustang. It is nice to meet you" he spoke formally and held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too. My name is Fayth Carter" I said with a smile as I took his hand in return.

"Okay, you met, great! Now why did you summon me here at four in the morning?" Ed asked impatiently. I rolled my eyes and Mustang turned to face the shorty.

"I could ask you the same thing. Why were you out at four in the morning?" Mustang asked as if he were scolding a child. They continued fighting until I had to get in between the two to separate them.

"Stop fighting, will ya?" I shouted as I used all my strength to keep them apart but that was failing. I was close to putting my foot on one of them but then the door opened.

"Getting into fights again, Colonel?" A female voice spoke as it entered the room. All of us turned to see Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye shuffling through papers. Quickly, the two straightened up. The sudden movement of them cause me to lose balance and fall back with a thud. Ed fell into one of the couches, laughing, while Mustang tried not to laugh.

"You boys are so immature!" Hawkeye groaned as walked over to help me up.

"I'm Riza Hawkeye, by the way" she gave a small smile.

"Fayth Carter" I said once I was on my feet again.

"Wasn't there something you had to tell the boys, Colonel?" She turned to Mustang. He quickly composed himself and sighed.

"Yes, there was. Fullmetal, remember that killer you apprehended this afternoon?" Ed gave a side glance towards me and nodded.

"Well, he escaped and now people are no longer dying, they're disappearing into thin air."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: *dramatic gasp* Suspense!!

"Al, what the hell are you doing here?!" A voice called from up above.

Me: *dramatically* God?

Sorry this little thing here offended anyone. I am a believer in God but this is what my mind thinks while I am writing...

Oh...soooo wanted to have Fayth speak French when she first met Mustang to weird him out!! Might just write it for laughs *shrugs*