Ch. 14~At The Crossroads

When I stepped into the hall, I saw that to my left was the end of the hallway.

"Finally!" I muttered as I reached for the metal handle and turned it. Behind the door was a crossroads. It was dark a gloomy but it seemed out of place. After I stepped through the door, the door disappeared and then reappeared at the opposite side of the crossroads. I ran across the roads and grabbed the door handle.

But, it was locked.

"No! This can't happen! I was going to be free!" I cried as I tried to open the locked door. I turned around and slid down to the ground. I brought my knees to my face and just sat there.

"Come now, Fayth! You must faith in yourself!" My blood ran cold at the sound of that voice. I only caught glimpse of it owner before I blacked out.

*~

I opened the (hopefully) final door and found myself at a crossroads.

"I thought I was going to be home free when I reached the end" I muttered to no one in particular.

"Are you alright, Fayth?" A male voice spoke from a distance away. Leaving my thoughts, I saw Cyle and Fayth standing in the middle of the crossroads.

"Cyle, I-I can see!" She breathed. Cyle hugged her, her face buried into his neck.

"How do you know it's the real her?" I asked as I ran towards them.

"KC" I nodded towards him and stared at Fayth.

"Prove you're Fayth" I stared down at her. She sighed and spoke confidently.

"Two years ago, Corny had Envy kill my dad’s best friends which drove to attempt to take his life"

"That's right. It's Fayth!" Cyle said as he hugged her again.

"Now you, Cyle" he sighed.

"I lost my older sister when I was eleven years old. Oh, and I figured out what the Puppet Master took from through the games! He took the happy memories I had with Krisa! What about you, KC? You asked if we're real. Now, it's your turn"

"You guys don't know me well enough to know what's true or not"

"Show us your Âme powers! Copies can't use Âme powers!" Fayth finally spoke up. I nodded and sighed.

"Apparaître" a portal to the real world opened at my command. I smiled to see that my powers were back.

"Disparaître" I closed it and looked at Cyle, "proof enough?" He nodded.

"Mind my asked, but kind of Âme are you?" Fayth asked in a small voice.

"A-a True Âme" I admitted.

"Nice! We have another one on the team!" Cyle said with a smile.

"C-Cyle? Fayth? Is it really you?" A small voice spoke from behind Cyle. Turning, we saw a small girl, she had to shorter than Fayth, standing at the outer edge of the crossroads center.

"Who are you?" Cyle asked.

"Hoshi?" Fayth asked in surprise. The black haired girl nodded, her light blue eyes sparkled in the dim light.

"But you look...older."

"I'm 16, Cyle"

"Impossible! The Hoshi I know is fourteen!" Cyle shouted. The girl shrank back but said, "When you were fifteen, I was nearly killed my Corny! He threw a shard of glass into my head and into my left side!" She shouted back.

"How old are you now?" I muttered to him.

"Seventeen. Fayth is the same" muttered as Fayth broke away from Cyle, ran over the small, and hugged her.