Chapter 7

Finally , we reached the kanyakul which was established by one of Lord Ram's sons in the divine memory of his mother Devi Sita.. Avantika had joined us after we crossed the Madhu forest.. 

The kanyakul was housed in a fort like building with high walls... it was on the outskirts of Ayodhya , near the foothills of the great Himavath mountains.. the nature arount the place was so graceful and peaceful... 

We entered the fort and the first thing we noticed was the smiling faces of my sister, Supriya and her friends.. 

"Banu , Avanthi " our dear sister pulled us into a bone crushing hug... "Hope the journey was safe and comfortable.." she enquired after she left us.. "Let me introduce you to my friends here"...she said without waiting for our reply..

"This is the princess of Vidharbha , Princess Rukmani and this is the Yadava princess , Sathyabama.." she introduced us to the two girls on her left and right .. and we did the courtesies..  

After all this, we were taken to the main entrance of the palace like building.. in front of the entrance stood the big stone statues of the Tridevatas ... we were later taken to our respective chambers.. Avanthi and me were to share the same room.. , the room was not even one third of my room in the palace but yet it was comfortable.., there was a small snangrah attached to it...

***********************************************************************************************

Two years later-:

We are sitting under the big old tree at the backyard of the building , this have been a routine for us when we had leisure time and today is the last day of the week and hence a holiday.. a sisterly bond had been developed with Satya di and Rukmani di .....

"So.., you three will complete your kanyakul period within a year from today.., what are your next plans ??" Avanthi started with a mischievous glint.. of course we have discussed this topic many a times..

"I'll get married to Sree Krishna.." Sathya di was the first to reply.. unlike other girls she never shied away when speaking about her love and plans for marriage.. not just this , she never shies or refrain herself from speaking her heart out.. 

"Come on.. even you will do the same.." she said while slightly nudging Rukmani di with her arm..

"Sathya , don't you know that she is betrothed to someone from the age of eight.." Supriya di said trying to pull her friend's leg.. 

"She may be betrothed to him but that idiot will never be lucky enough to marry her.., and if he try to , then I'll kill him myself.." Sathya di , said agitated .., even though we laughed at that, we were scared she would do that.. she was great with weapons especially swords and her impulsive nature just added the spice.. she was someone who valued her pride and self esteem more than anything and won't spare anyone who tries to harm it , not only hers but no one else's too.. 

"And I 'll help you in that.." Avanthi said in between the laughs.. both are same ..

"Look , we are here planning to murder her fiancee .. and she is just sitting here all peaceful" Supriya di commented ..

"Is there anything that can discompose her... even if the sky come breaking down, she will stand in front of it, all calm and composed.." Avanthi said looking at Rukmani di who was gazing at the pink lotus in the pond near us .. what she said was absolutely true.. she was always calm.. whatever the situation is..

"Well .. there is.." I piped in.. while a mischievous smile played on my lips.. I stretched my arm to get the peacock feather tucked in the waistband of Rukmani di's skirt.. we have never seen her without that .. how much ever we tried , we were never able to get our hands on it .., even Sathya di has a peacock feather tucked in her waistband ..,but we know better than to try to touch it lest it would result in us loosing a hand..