Chapter 9

Sathya di was sitting in front of the boar.. she had its face in her palms.. which she was caressing lovingly with her slender fingers.. tears were running in channels from her eyes, across her face but she was not crying.. the facial hair of the boar was damp due to his tears.. he was savouring the moment with closed eyes.., as if he had missed this touch for a long time.. and Sathya di was also no different.. 

I looked around to find everyone except Rukmani di, shocked.. her eyes held different emotions ..  it was melancholy , helplessness or something .., which I couldn't interpret.., did I see guilt in it..?? I don't know.. 

"We have to leave.." I heard Supriya di whisper.. I looked up at the sky.. I could easily say that it's noon, a prahar might have passed since we came here.. lunch will start soon.. and we had to reach back before that..

"Sathya di.." I called her a bit loudly but gently..

She turned her head to the side , acknowledging the call.. 

She then turned to the boar and planted a kiss on it's forehead and mumbled something .. She then got up and started walking to the direction of the kanyakul... we immediately followed her.. I saw Rukmani di and the boar exchanging a nod.. she gave him a small sad smile before walking away.. the beast stood there unmoved , looking at the direction in which she went..

All of us walked in silence .., we had many questions to ask .., many things to discuss but we decided against it.. the time just didn't felt right..

'Why were we attacked..??' 'It was a planned attack.., who was behind it..??' 'What was that boar.. it was definitely not an ordinary one..' 'And Sathya di.. what happened to her..??' 'She loved nature.. she used to treat every animal or bird that she see ,as her child.. she can't stand a tree or plant being destroyed..  that was her love towards nature .. she used to caress the animals and plants lovingly.. but this time it was different .., today when she looked and touched the boar, it was not the same motherly affection which was in her eyes.., but it was a different kind of emotion.. ' many questions were popping up for which I tried to think of some answer but nothing matched.. 

We reached our kanyakul in silence..

Somewhere else...

"Pranipat Maharaj.." Moor  greeted his king.. who gave out a sinister laugh before forwarding a goblet of wine.. which Moor politely refused.. he had to convey something important..

"We couldn't do it.." Moor said with head hung low..

The arrogance in his king's eyes was soon covered with anger.. he kicked the stool near his feet which flew to some corner of the room.. but before he could roar , a stern and loud voice came from the entrance..

"Did you expect it to be easy ..?? even with your entire army, you wouldn't be able to touch her.." At the door stood the revered teacher of asuras, Shukracharya.. the mighty man took long steps towards his disciple and his commander..

"She isn't just your mother.. she is the Bhoomi devi herself.. you can't capture her like you capture those helpless and weak damsels.." the old man's voice boomed through the large room.. "And what was your plan..??" there was rage burning in his eyes when he dared the evil king to speak..

"I wanted her with me before he can influence her.. only she can kill me.., but, even you know her love for me.. it's because of that same love , she asked for those boons.., for my long life .. but that cheater can corrupt her mind .. he kept her away from me but at the same time abandoned her himself.. he made her go through all the sorrows but she.. she is blind in her love for him.. that she can't see through his treachery.." he paused for a second before continuing..