that's how you get the girl, girl

The week flew by quicker than expected. Josie had been hanging out with Hope almost everyday this week. She had thought that by now, maybe they would've made it official, which had bummed her out slightly. Though, she did say they would take it slow, and knowing Josie she would wait eternity.

Friday morning, the band had their usual practice. Well, not yet, as no one had arrived, and the brunette had barely woken up.

At eight in the morning Josie was up and out of bed, going downstairs pouring herself a bowl of cereal. Once she was halfway finished with her breakfast the brunette notices Lizzie lazily walking down the stairs.

"Morning Liz." Josie enthusiastically greets her.

Lizzie stops and glares at the brunette. "How are you always this energetic so early in the morning?" She drags out, her voice still groggy from barely waking up.

Josie simply shrugs and offers her a bowl. They spend most of the morning eating and talking, Lizzie still trying to pull herself into the real world.

About an hour later, MG and Kaleb show up at the Saltzman residence with equipment.

During that hour, the twins pass time by making themselves look ready. Lizzie was still dreading the day, however Josie was quite the opposite, the brunette being excited to see Hope even though they saw each other the day before.

The four of them walk into the garage mindlessly. Kaleb begins setting up his little area as MG goes to get a snack from inside the house. Josie walks around pacing and bored, until she lets out a breath and walks up to Kaleb.

"Can I sing a warm up song?" She asks almost impatiently. The latter immediately agrees and lets her type the song into his laptop.

Before typing in the song she stops herself and quickly sets up the microphone stand and mic. After doing that, she proceeds in finding the song and pressing play.

Specifically How You Get The Girl by Taylor Swift.

How ironic.

" Stand there like a ghost

Shaking come the rain, rain"

About 30 seconds into the song, Josie sees a familiar car pull up into the driveway. Nonetheless, she continues singing through the mic while the auburnette steps out of the car.

Hope locks eyes with the brunette and shyly smiles toward her. Josie smiles back while singing, not taking her eyes off of her.

"And that's how it works

That's how you get the girl"

Hope starts making her way towards the group inside the garage. At the same time she begins lip syncing with Josie, actively becoming her backup vocals.

"Remind me how it used to be

Pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks"

That was the moment Hope became her hype woman. Hope would always encourage Josie to use her full potential.

"That's how you got the girl"

As soon as Josie finishes she walks up to Hope.

"Hey." The older girl greets softly. "You were good." She teasingly pokes the brunette's stomach.