⏰Chapter 1⏰

CHAPTER 1- AANG POV

I groaned as I rolled over. Jeez, I need a new alarm, I thought as Baby Shark played on repeat. I smiled as I thought of Katara, my beautiful girlfriend, who sneakily changed my alarm from 7 Years by Lukas Graham to Baby Shark.

"Gah!" I exclaimed as the sun burned my eyes when I pried them open. I reluctantly sat up in my bed and looked around. God, I've gotta clean more. I was about to lay back down, but then I remembered. Crap. I can't believe I forgot! It's Katara and I's anniversary! Wow. I can't believe it's been 4 years since my friends and I put Fire Leader Ozai in his place. Now I'm 16 and Katara is 18. I crawled to the edge of my bed so I could go downstairs to get breakfast.

"Ow! My poor toe!" I whimpered when I stubbed my toe on the foot of my bed. Even the avatar struggles with minor injuries. I hobbled downstairs on one leg and air-scootered to the kitchen. However, I ran into a startled Sokka.

"Aw come on, Aang! You ruined my perfect breakfast burrito!" He grumbled.

"Sorry, Sokka! I'm in a rush!" I apologized as I turned into the kitchen. I prepared myself some avocado toast as I put in my airpods and shuffled my playlist. After eating, I sprinted upstairs and hopped in the shower. It was currently 11:30 am, and I had a lot to do before evening.

I hopped out of the shower and put on my clothes. I wore black ripped jeans, a big mustard yellow sweatshirt, and a black beanie. I decided a while ago to grow a little hair back, but not too much because I still liked to feel a little air on my head for airbending. I brushed my teeth and put in my contacts.

I walked out of my bathroom and into my room. I sat down at my desk and started writing a plan for the day. My plan is to give Katara a surprise romantic picnic at her favorite place at sundown. Speaking of Katara, I wonder where she is. I got up from my desk and went into her room. She wasn't there, so I went to Sokka's room and asked him.

"Sokka, do you know where Katara is?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's with Suki and Toph and they're at the mall." He replied.

"Oh okay, thanks Sokka," I thanked him. I turned to walk out, but Sokka stopped me.

"Oh, and Aang?" He asked.

"Yes, Sokka?" I said.

"Try not to give me too many oogies today, alright buddy?" He winked. I snorted.

"No promises," I whispered as I closed the door. And if you're wondering, my friends and I all live in the same house.

I left Sokka's room and walked all the way back down to the kitchen. Sometimes it sucks to have a giant house, I thought to myself as I dragged my feet on the floor. I guess Sokka and I were the only ones home because Zuko and Mai went to Ember Island this weekend and the girls were out. Well, I thought to myself, Now that I'm all ready for the day, it's time to prepare this picnic.