5. 𝗇𝖾𝗐𝗍

✩☆✩

✩☆✩

There was only silence. It should've seem too quiet but it was peaceful. It was almost like everyone was right with the world but it's not, God knows it's not. It should've felt like the world was falling to pieces, it was, it is. So, for now they just enjoyed the silence at least for while it lasted.

Allison walked up to the wooden door and gingerly allowed her fingers to twist the doorknob. Peeking through the gap she saw a peaceful Scott sound asleep under the covers. Allison sighed. She turned so her back could face the the door frame, she folded her arms and leaned against it and let her head fall back.

The air was tense. Everyone was exhausted. Allison closed her eyes. She squeezed them shut. Everything got overwhelming. All these emotions she's been bottling up had suddenly reached the surface. When was the last time she had a good cry? Her hands soon reached her head and she pulled her hair back and slowly fell to the floor. It was all just flooding, she couldn't control it. Why couldn't she control it? She let her head hang in her arms while the tears just fell down.

Scott was stunned. He had just witnessed that whole scene. He didn't know what to do. He felt like he should be mad at Allison. It was a dream, right? Just a dream. It felt so real though! It wasn't. He told himself. Does he comfort her or would that make her feel embarrassed that he saw? He didn't care. She was still Allison and that was the only thing that mattered.

Scott creeped out of his bed and knelt down next to his sobbing angel and stroked her hair back gingerly.

"Scott?" She sobbed. "I didn't know you were up?" Allison wiped her tears.

Scott couldn't help but stare at her with sorrowful eyes.

"Sco-" she chocked.

"I know." he replied softly

Her lip began to quiver again and Scott embraced her with a warm hug and as if emotions were contagious, Scott began to cry too.

It was as if time had stopped. All Thomas could hear was the thumping of his heart.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thu- "Thomas."

Just like that Thomas was ripped back into reality.

"I'll do it."

"Thoma —" Minho was cut off by Thomas hand raised up signaling for him to stop.

"I'll do what ever you want." Thomas said with nothing but determination plastered on his face.

"Oh Thomas. I hadn't even gotten to the fun part yet. Like when I say how I can pull the plug on Newt at any moment. Like how I'm the only one keeping him alive. So that's it? Just 'I'll do it.' How boring but anyhow..."

"Thomas?" Minho said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't care. Minho, it's Newt...It's Newt..."

Minho nodded. He understood because in the end...it's Newt.

If there was a word to describe Newts appearance it would be dead. His skin was deathly pale. A drip hung above him pumping something foreign into him. Bliss? Maybe it was keeping his condition at bay. Black veins creeped up his skin. Raspy, uneven breaths were taken even though an oxygen mask was placed over his mouth. There were countless other things coming in and out of Newt but before Thomas could study it anymore the curtain was pulled to once again keep him hidden. It was liked he was stripped away from Thomas all over again.

"What the hell are you doing!" Thomas shouted through his grieving rage.

"Well, I take it we have a little agreement now, don't we?"

Thomas gritted his teeth.

"That's what I thought."

Instantly the floor beneath Thomas opened up before he could say anything more. He fell, not for long. It was only a few feet but it caught him off guard.

Thomas' head smacked against the cold concrete beneath him. He rolled over as he was shot with intense pain thumping along the
inside of his head. Everything was a blur and he just slowly sunk into the darkness.

Minho watched as the floor closed just as quickly as it had opened. Before he could asked further the window had faded into pitch black once again. Minho ran up to it with full force, pounding his fist onto the blank screen.

"Alright! I get it!" He yelled in frustration after banging on it for a while. He turned towards the center of the room.

"But what the shuck do you want with me!" He yelled into the air, to no one in particular.

Minho was left, silence surrounded him and all he could do was dwell in his loneliness.

✩☆✩

𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲𝘀
𝖶𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗍.

𝖨𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨'𝗆 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖽. 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖨 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖨 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝗈𝗇 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗎𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗎𝗉𝗉𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍!

𝖯𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖺𝗆𝖽 𝗏𝗈𝗍𝖾, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄𝗌!
𝖤𝗆𝗌