6. 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗆𝖾𝗑𝗂𝖼𝗈

✩☆✩

✩☆✩

Emptiness. That's the only thing that was around. Rooms were empty, expressions were empty. Everyone felt...empty.

They had gone days without, well, without anything.

Scott laid in his bed with Allison's arms wrapped around him tightly. He let his fingers gently comb through her soft hair.

"Scott?" She asked disrupting the silence.

"Yeah?" He replied shuffling over into a better position to admire her.

"How long can this go on for?"

"I —" Scott didn't know how to answer, he couldn't.

"I know...I know. It's just...I feel helpless. I hate this feeling! It's like nothing ever goes right. It like I'm laying in my grave but also the one digging it. It like we're stuck and there's no going forwards, it's like there's no place to go..." She trailed off as her eyes slowly started to full with tears.

Scott looked away but Allison placed a hand on his chin. As her cool hands met his face their eyes met, as if it was the only thing the could hold onto, they didn't break eye contact. She leisurely turned his face towards hers.

"Yeah I guess we all feel like that but it's worse. It's so much worse." Scott sniffed. "It's like half the time I can't even breath. It's like I'm suffocating. It's like someone's hands are constantly pushing down on my chest. I'm just waiting for the point where they push down harder, where it all ends."

Allison gave a simple nod. She understood. They understood. That's all they needed.

They laid in the silence after that. Their so called "peace" was disrupted by Isaac knocking at the door.

"You know..." he said with his shoulder leaning against the door frame. "You guys got to eat at some point." He looked around, checking no one was behind him then whispered. "You got to see it while you can, Derek is trying to make pancakes!" He said leaving with a smile on his face.

"Think we should go?" Asked Allison.

"Yeah, you go so long." Scott said sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

"You sure?" she asked, as she soothingly rubbed his back.

"Yeah, go. I'll be down in a minute."

She gave him a weak smile and headed to downstairs.

Scott swung his legs around to the edge of the bed and placed his hands in his head. He ran his hands through his hair. He was disrupted by the sound of his laptop chiming.

"What?" He said to himself.

Dude, you still got me.
I had you before.
Yeah, and you still got me.