Mikasa Ackerman

-September 5, 2018-6:47 a

-September 5, 2018-
6:47 a.m.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The sound of your alarm clock was deafening. The high pitch noise was a menace to society, especially knowing what it meant,

School.

The summer was over and it was now time for your first day of senior year. Your high school, Maria High, was like any other, boring. Nothing special, but no high school in the area really was. The people were average and annoying, but everyone annoyed you so it's not like any other crowd would be better.

You turned off the alarm clock and sat up in bed. The cold air instantly hit your arms as they were no longer protected by your heat filled duvet, but this cold was nothing compared to the halls you would walk through soon.

The air conditioning was always at full blast and it would make you want to wear a winter jacket in summer. Some people liked the cold though because the heat of the summer sun was painful and you guess you appreciated it some days as well, but at the moment, you really didn't want to think about it.

You sat there contemplating life for about 5 minutes until you finally felt your brain start to function. Waking up is the hardest part of the day, but you always managed to get through it.

You walked to the shower and quickly turned the handle to a hot temperature. Hot showers were the best at night, but they could be enjoyable in the morning as well. You lathered the vanilla scented shampoo into your scalp and once it was washed out, the conditioner came after. You scrubbed your body with some soft-scented body wash, thinking that the scented hair products would be enough.

After you were done, you changed into your school uniform that brought back memories of the past three years. You had been going to this school since freshman year and every year was the same uniform. A dark forest green blazer with the school emblem on the left chest. White collared shirts were under the blazer and the girls had brown pleated skirts, while the guys had brown dress pants. It was kind of sad that this was your last year of wearing this uniform, but you were happy to soon start a new chapter in life.

After going down the stairs, you saw your mom sitting at the table, drinking her morning coffee. She didn't notice you yet as she was too immersed into what she was reading on her phone to pay attention to her surroundings.

"Hey mom," you started the conversation to let her know you were in her presence. She still didn't look up from her phone because obviously what she was reading was waaay more important than noticing you. "Mom!" You grew tired of the silence and raised your voice a bit so that she would respond.

"Wha- oh! Hey N/N, gotta go so I'll see you later." She got up out of her seat then came up to you to kiss your cheek before grabbing her work bag and heading out the door. You sighed because every morning was the same with her. She was never home and you were lonely since you never knew your dad.