May the Best Team Win

As the bus entered Marley High, you felt a light tap on the top of your head.

"Wake up, Y/N," Jean was the one tapping you. "We're here."

You lazily bent your head up, but then gently bumped it on the seat in front of you, gravity taking its hold on your body. It was a miracle you were even able to get up, waking up so early had clearly taken a toll on you and you could've slept a whole nights worth on that bus.

Reality started to kick in. You were now at Marley high about to face your biggest rivals...the time has come. To any ordinary person, this was no big deal..

unfortunately, you're not a normal person.

You are competitive. You wouldn't say you have an ego, but you definitely do. Losing takes a toll on you, it's like getting shot in the heart. You were here to win, and you were going to do so no matter what.

People started to exit the bus, you saw the familiar chocolate brown hair of Eren Yeager, he was also kind of your private coach. You had trained quite a bit with him anyway. He helped you a lot, you definitely felt like a better player.

You made your way to the steps and hopped off them, the energy starting to course through your veins. The cold air hit your skin, but it didn't bother you. You knew you were about the sweat like nobody's business, so the cold air already felt refreshing.

You followed your coach into the big school. Marley was the more 'posh' area. The city was much more evolved and advanced than Maria, an obvious difference. You couldn't help but be in awe of your surroundings. You had never been to Marley high before. Of course you had seen it in pictures of your friends or friend of a friend's story before, but in person was a totally different experience.

Jean, walking right behind you, noticed you gawking at every little thing. "Nice, isn't it." He stated, he had once had the same reaction.

"Maybe I should transfer," you replied, only half-joking.

"Too late to back out now L/n," he joked back. He had turned the corner into the bathroom where the boys would get ready, you were guided to the girls room as well.

There was nothing out of the ordinary happening. It was like any other prep before practice. However, it was evident that most of you girls were nervous. Marley high was THE biggest competitor around in terms of sports. Every team was insanely skilled, but so was Maria high. No one could really say who was better, it seemed to always be equal between the two schools.

However, the competition wasn't the only thing to be nervous about. It was obvious that male teams preformed more intensely and to most, that was more interesting. To have to compete after the boys is like trying to preform a song after Beyoncé...you had to live up to the expectations. It was nerve racking.

Also, for you having Eren—your mentor watch was scary..how would you preform with mikasa, would she purposely embarrass you? There was no way of knowing with her. But forget mikasa, would you embarrass yourself?? The more you thought about this, the more you started to realize that maybe you weren't as prepared as you thought you were.

You may be a co-captain, but that was captain nonetheless. You were leading a team, even if it was with the 'help' of Mikasa. You wouldn't say she's better than you, but she was more bossy. Over the past few weeks, you'd say that coach Smith would look to her as captain slightly more than you. You couldn't be mad, Mikasa was more focused on being a captain and you were more focused on being a good player. Not that you didn't help your teammates, but your mind was more on self improvement. Your time with Eren also distracted you a fair bit, it consumed a good amount of time.