𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

(EDITED CHAPTER)

--

"Good girl"

--

DRACO'S THOUGHTS

Day 4, and The Dark Lord's tasks were steering worse. Watching your mother cry for you is a pain only a son can feel -- and there was nothing -- not one thing he could do about it,

Releasing your stress on others was a trait of a Malfoy. 

It was unlawful -- unjustified, yet -- it happens.

Who else could you turn to? When you have nobody else?

The person you do not intend to hurt.

***I stand there, silent. You could hear a pin drop. If anybody was to see our presence, I'd be embarrassed.

"Now, hurry along, darling. Don't want anyone seeing us now, do we?" He whispers, locking his grey eyes on my emerald greens, twinkling at the view in front of me.

He steps back, allowing me to breathe freely without hesitation. I cannot take my eyes off of his, as can't he.

I stay in the same position I am, body trembling. "Stuck in space are we?" he replies to my nervous presence. "No-- I'm fine," I reply, holding back the stutter. "Doesn't seem like it." He spits, a few steps afar from me.

"If I found out you speak of this to anyone and I mean anyone, I'll be the worst thing that has ever happened to you, Adelaide, the worst." He speaks right through his teeth, a wide smirk growing across his pale face. I flinch at his comment, afraid on what he might do if I tell anybody.

I nod my head, doubtfully. He turns around and slips his hands in the pockets of his jet black trousers. As he is about to open the doors of the library, he leaves a snide comment; "And remember Adelaide, watch out for that new-comer, what was the bloody name..." he lifts his index and finishes; "Gardian -- Gardian King. I don't want you anywhere near him, understand?" he exclaims, as he leaves the library whistling away.

"Gardian King -- King --" I whisper to myself, relaxing my tense muscles. I grab the nearest chair, dragging it from it's top and welcoming myself on it. Something about that name sends cold shudders of alarms down my spine. "Gardian . . . Gardian . . . Gardian--" I repeat to myself.

What could be possible mean 'newcomer'? How does he know? Why would he know?

I question myself, tapping my finger on the hem of the wooden chair. Why was this name so important? What did it mean? Why was it sending vibrations of nervousness through my body?

I'm quickly brought to my senses as I take notice of the sound my watch was making, lunch was nearly over -- Defence Against The Dark Arts was next, I wouldn't want to be late, we had Professor. Snape again.

I get up out the chair I sat on and quietly left the library, trying not to catch any attention of students outside the doors. I make my way down the halls, going to the usual spot me, Astonia, and Elijah normally stay for lunch, the bench under the tree.

I fasten my pace so I can meet them before it's time for DADA.

"Adelaide," I hear a feminine voice shout. I turn around, quickly figuring out it's Astonia. "Hey--" I shout back, walking over to her and Elijah. "Where have you been?" Elijah asks, finishing the last of his pineapple juice. "Oh, nowhere, I went to go do something for Professor. Snape!" I reply, brushing it off with a small giggle. "Ah, alright love." hesitantly. I turn my head to Astonia and see she has a doubtful look on her face. "-- Okay" she replies. "Let's head to DADA, shall we?" I say, trying to change the subject bluntly. "We shall" Elijah replies.