𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

"My angel."

***

The two words I was hoping not to hear. I couldn't fall for this man. I just couldn't.

I bolt my head to the right, avoiding any more words being exchanged.

"Don't try to ignore me now, my love." he throws himself back on his couch, holding his cigarette in between his two fingers.

"I'll see you after, Gardian..." I lift myself up and turn the opposite way, turning a cheek from him. "Sure, Everly."

I walk in and the common room is empty. They're probably in their dorms, including Astonia.

I make my way to my dorm room, where I find Astonia asleep. She must of been tired...

I change into something more comfortable and throw myself onto my bed, reminiscing about the events which took place.

I grab a book to try and calm down the uneasy feeling I'm feeling in my mind. I felt uncomfortable in my own skin. I felt empty, as if a huge part of me was missing. This feeling was new and i've never felt it before...

I place my book down on my nightstand and click my lamp off.

I pull the covers over my cold arms with the intention to sleep.

I shut my eyes tight, not realising how tired I really was, and drift off into a hazy slumber.

***
A baby girl and a baby boy. The boy is sound asleep in his cradle which is placed next to the baby girl's. The baby boy has a pale skin tone with a cloudy eye colour. The baby girl has fair skin with an undertone of grey. She has bright green, shining eyes and rosy cheeks, along with beautiful rose pink lips. The baby girl's shrieks fill the dark, empty room. Nothing is around. Her crying screams progressively get louder, but the baby boy is sound asleep, yet. A woman appears from the shadows, face covered as her heels clack against the stone floor. She picks up the beautiful baby girl in her arms, and cradles her. The slender woman exceeds of an extremely pale colour, exclaimed clearly but her hands and exposed neck. She is tall and slim and her hair colour had a mix of brown and another colour which couldn't be made out.

"Sh...Sh...Sh..." The pale woman repeats, baby girl still in her awfully long fingertips. The baby stops her shrieks at once, as she coos off into a deep slumber. The woman slows down her pace of cradling, and looks down at the baby girl, examining the baby girls bright green eyes. The woman could not be made out, no matter how hard you tried. The baby boy is laying still, fast asleep in his graphite black cradle. Both of the younglings had to be around the age of 6 months.

Another woman appears from the dark shadows, dressed in old rags. "It's time, madam." The ragged woman had a low tone. The slender woman jolts her head up, clearly, then looks back down at the baby girl held in her hands.

"You are not safe here, by any costs...you are not safe, even if side-by-side my son, destined through the stars to protect you. You cannot be near your own father or my own son. Your father wants you for your evil...the evil within you. The evil you are destined to follow, alongside your father and my son. I need you as far as possible before they destroy what is inside you. I, myself, need to protect this, even if I have no good within me. I should not be the one doing this, it should be your father and mother, not me, no..."

the woman runs her thin fingertips over the delicate plump cheeks of the baby girl; "We shall meet again. We will reunite, and I will make that a promise to come forth." all under a whisper and hands the baby girl to the woman before her. "And she is to be taken where, my fair lady?" the poorly dressed woman asks, now cradling the baby in her own hands. "Rose. Take her to Rose, she shall understand once this baby girl meets her eyes." the tall woman turns her back on the petite opposite. "As you say, my fair lady."