Chapter 4: A New Feeling

Marshall POV
We've been playing for 2 hours now, and Everest isn't with us. Whenever I ask Skye, she tells me that she's talking to Chase. It is not possible that they are talking for 2 hours! I then head to Chase's puphouse, and I see that the door is closed!
I open the door, and Chase is snuggled up against Everest, and they're sleeping!
No it is not possible! Chase told me he loved Skye, and that he was going to do anything to help me to be with Everest.
I've had a crush on Everest for a long time, so I'm a little jealous that Everest is sleeping with Chase.

Me: Chase! Chase! Wake up!

Chase wakes up but his eyes are still closed.

Chase: Let me sleep. For once that I'm comfortably ...

Me: CHASE !! You're sleeping on Everest !!

Chase opens his eyes, and shifts.
With the noise, Everest wakes up.

Me: Everest was in pain for 2 hours !! You slept on her!

Everest: Calm down, Marshall ...

Me: No, I don't calm down !! Chase hurted you!

Everest: There is a misunderstanding ...

Me: No! Why did you do that, Chase !!?

Everest: MARSHALL !! Chase didn't hurt me !! It was me who told him to sleep on me !!

Chase POV
Why Everest lied to protect me? I made a big mistake, and Marshall had the right to hit me, but why Everest is protecting me?
I see the poor Dalmatian very sad, and he leaves.
Everest gives me a smile.

Me: Everest? Why you...

Everest: Oh that's okay, between best friends, we always help each other.

Since when, me and Everest have been best friends. I prefer to not ask her the question.

Me: Everest, you just hurt Marshall. You should talk to him.

Everest: I know .... but you?

Me: Me?

Everest: Skye rejected you. And...

Me: Don't worry about me.

I smile at her, and she's embarrassed.

Me: Are you ok Everest?

She says yes with her head. Everest comes out of my puphouse, and I see Ryder coming towards me.

Ryder: Hi Chase? So, how are you?

Me: Hi Ryder Sir, I don't feel sick anymore.

Ryder: Alright. But are you sure you're okay?

Me: Yes, yes.

Ryder smiles at me, and leaves.

What is happening? It's the first time that I haven't thought of Skye. I feel something for Everest. What is that?
A stronger friendship? A relationship of brothers and sisters, or ...... I am in love with her?