Chapter 7: The Mountain Paradise

No POV

The two pups are heading for the mountain on a snow slope.

Everest: We're going snowboarding! Then sledding! Then we will play! Then...

Chase: Hehe we should do all this, before...

Everest: Yes, you are right.

Chase smiles at Everest, which makes her blush immediately.

Chase POV
Everest gives me a snowboard. We are ready to go, and let's go! We race with our snowboards! Wow, she's fast, I try to catch her, but I can't. She's really too fast. Everest stops, and I join her.

Everest: So? Can't you catch me?

Me: I never said I gave up!!

Everest giggles. She winks at me, and she leaves.
I will catch her!

I go snowboarding, and I see Everest lowering her legs downhill. But that's the technique! I lower myself a little, and I go faster!

Suddenly, Everest goes into a snow tunnel. Weird. I am following her. In the tunnel, I can't see anything. Everything is black, I hear nothing. I can just hear my snowboard on the snow. I see a light in front of me, it's the exit of the tunnel. I go out and I see ....... I have never seen something so beautiful. There are trees with pink flowers, soft and pretty snow, and little flakes falling. It's just like a paradise ...
Everest stops and looks at me. I join her.

Me: Everest, what is this place?

Everest: No one knows this place except me and Jake. Jake called it "the mountain paradise". Did you see how beautiful it is?

Me: But, I've never seen this before ...

Everest: That's why I brought you here. There is only one entry, and one exit. It's the tunnel.

Pink flowers fall on me and Everest.

Me: It's ..... so beautiful ...

Everest: Every time I come here, it reminds me my past. My parents, my family.

Me: And how no one discovered this place?

Everest: There was a large rock blocking the entrance. And Jake took it off, and he come here.

Me: Can you tell me about your past?

Everest: Another time? Every time I come here, I feel at home, and I feel happy. All my problems are no longer there.

Me: Must it be a secret?

Everest: Yes, please. Okay, I think we should go back to Jake Mountain?

Me: Of course, can we come back here another day?

Everest: Whenever you want, we'll come.

Everest and I are heading to Jake Mountain with our snowboards. Everest takes her snowboard and takes mine and she puts them away.

Everest: A bit of sledding?

Me: Yes!

Everest sits down in the sled, and I sit behind her.
We go down the slope howling.

Everest: Wow, that was really fun!

I wasn't listening to her anymore. I think of the paradise I saw. The red and pink flowers, the beautiful trees, the ...

I get a big snowball in my face.

Everest: It's for not listening to me. And also for my pleasure. Hehe...

I smile at her, and I hide behind a tree. I make some snowballs. When I look, I no longer see her. She must have hidden herself too. I'll use my detective skills to find her. I am following the smell of Everest, and I see her. She thinks I can't see her, and she thinks she is hiding very well.
I stand behind her.

Me: Hi Everest.

I throw snowballs at her.

Everest: Oh no .... Super Spy Chase found me ...

We're both laughing.

Everest: What a day! Are we going home?

I nod and say yes.

At the Lookout, Marshall POV
I can't even think Chase left with Everest. I'm the one who needs a vacation. Here I have to do whatever Chase does, it's too tiring!
I have an idea. If Everest doesn't love me, maybe Skye loves me. Skye has always been my second crush.
I then, go to her.

Me: Uh..Skye ... can I talk to you?

Skye: Yeah, sure! Is this about Chase? I know, it's boring that he's not here. I miss him already. We had fun with him ....

Me: No, it's about me .... and you.

Skye: You and me? What's the matter?

Me: Well .... I was wondering if you loved me?

Skye: Me? Nope! You are a bro, you! Like Chase! But I'm closer to Chase than you.

Me: Skye, I love you. Can we be a couple?

Skye frowns at me.

Skye: What do you guys have with me!! I want to be single!

Skye leaves.

There's only Everest now. I must do everything to make her love me. Before, it can be too late.