Chapter 8: Bye-bye Chase

Ryder POV
I really feel bad about Chase. I knew it since Skye joined, that Chase loved her. I thought Skye liked Chase too. Those little moments, when they wanted to talk alone before, when they only wanted to play the two of them. Just like Marshall and Everest. But I'm afraid that Everest likes Chase. Because if she loves Chase, Marshall is going to be in depression. And if Chase rejects her, Everest is going to be in depression.
I need to do something, I don't want my pups to be depressed. Maybe I should give them some vacation. I'll send Chase and Marshall somewhere, and send Skye and Everest somewhere else. I'll do it as soon as Chase gets back. A good owner should do everything for his pups to not be sad. I will do everything.
I see Marshall approaching me with downcast ears.

Marshall: Ryder? I feel a little tired. Waking up early, do whatever Chase does. I can not. I don't even have time to play with the pups anymore.

Me: I understand you Marshall. I'm gonna go get Chase, it's his last day. And tomorrow, there will be a surprise for you. Go take a nap.

I see my Dalmatian walking away.

Everest POV
I breathe because I couldn't breathe anymore. I watch, to see if he is coming, but no. I sigh. Playing hide and seek with him is too difficult. It's too bad that today he has to go. 1 week went very quickly. Without having time to think about him, he is in front of me.

Chase: I found you !!

Me: Ugh! You are too....!

I wanted to say to him that he is strong and loyal, but I can't. Chase smiles at me.

Chase helps me to get out of my hiding place, which makes me blush a little.

Chase: Thanks for this week with you.

Me: You're welcome. When are you coming back?

Chase: Very soon, I hope.

This week was the best of all! But it's over too quickly ...
I see Ryder with his vehicle picking up Chase.
But Chase hasn't seen him yet.

Chase: Everest, I'd like to tell you ... that ...

Me: What? What do you want to tell me...

Chase: That ... I really appreciate you ... I mean ... that ...

Ryder: Chase!

Chase: Oh hi Ryder Sir! I'm coming. I'm just talking with Everest!

Me: What is it?

Chase: Everest...I think...that

I see Ryder picking up his phone. He's talking to someone and he frowns. I heard these words from Ryder's mouth: "Mayor Goodway" "Oh no ...", "no job is too big"

Ryder: Chase !! We have a mission!

Chase: I ... I ... Everest, I lov...

Chase sighs, and he takes his vehicle to leave with Ryder.

Ryder: We won't need you, Everest. Thank you.

My crush and Ryder are leaving. I sigh. I decide to go to the best place when I'm sad. What did Chase want to tell me? Seems like telling me this thing is more important to him than the mission.
After 20 minutes of walking, I finally arrived at the mountain of paradise. I sit next to the flowers.
Suddenly, a handkerchief rests on my nose, and I can't see anything, everything is black. After a few seconds seeing that black, my head hurts, and I pass out.